Pain Management Doctors

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Rose63, Jul 7, 2011.

  1. Rose63

    Rose63 New Member

    Has anyone seen a pain management doctor for fibromyalgia, and if so, what did they do to help you. My PCP has referred me to one, but from what I see on the website, he does injections, blocks, and things of that nature having to do with specific areas of body pain. I'm just wondering if that is the direction I need to go. I went to a Rheumy, but he said he doesn't think he can help me with the amount of pain I have. Thanks, Rose
  2. TwoCatDoctors

    TwoCatDoctors New Member

    If you haven't already, you may want to try also posting this on the Fibro Board here so you get the most responses. I don't have Fibro, but I was sent to physical therapy and then to a pain management doctor for the epiderals, which had no effect for me.
  3. Janalynn

    Janalynn New Member

    For Fibro, injections etc. just don't help the overall pain. Are you currently taking any medication?

    I would call the office and ask how they treat Fibro. It's okay to ask if they use narcotics or pain medication. My Dr. actually told me to ask that before I wasted my time seeing anyone.

    Definitely head over to the Fibro board. It gets a lot more activity and specifically related to Fibro! Go to the upper right side of page and Select Board (under message boards).