Pain Management Drs.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cindyvr, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

Hi Everybody..Just wanted to let you all know about my experience with my pn management drs.

Last year when I had a horrible flare I kept going to my regular Dr.( it is a clinic) Couldn't get any answers...so a friend told me about a different Dr. so I went to him..No answers so he sent me to a pain management Dr. who in turn sent me to Columbus to a Rheumatologist...

Everything went great there he explained what was wrong and I started Neurontin...Well, went back to pain management Dr. once a month after that..each time I went he got crappier towards me...

Last draw...He told me I was fat, needed to quit smoking, needed to get off my a$$ and do something and he yelled at me because my sister died of Lupus..he said it was all in my head and there is no such thing as Fibo...

I immediately called Rheumy when I got home ( after hubby calmed me down) I asked to be refered some place else...well, went yest and met the new pain management Dr..He is so cool!!! He aid he is a hillbilly from Olivesburg!! LOL

He told me Fibro is real and the other Dr has a problem and I wasn't the first one to complain about him!!
    He also told me to get this book...Fibromyalgia and Myofascial Pain A survival manual.

He also prescribed Remeron to help me stay asleep.

He also said that it would be a good idea to do aquatherapy.

He said I do need to do a form of exercise that is low impact and not strenuous..something to that affect.

I have another appt with him April 4th.

Just to let you yes some Drs. are quacks but then you find a good one!! LOL

Cindy
  2. lucita2k

lucita2k New Member

I'm happy you found someone to help you. I feel as if I'm swimming in a pond, becuase all I see is quacks.
  3. sally2142

sally2142 New Member

CINDY - I ALSO LIVE IN OHIO AND NEED A GOOD RHEUMY. COLUMBUS IS ABOUT 90 MILES SOUTH, BUT I WOULD BE MORE THAN WILLING TO MAKE THE TRIP FOR A GOOD DOCTOR. COULD YOU GIVE ME YOUR DOC'S NAME? THANKS!
    BOOMER
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Cindy:
    Isn't that the truth. We have to 'weed out' the bad doctors (for us) from the ones who can really help. Just because they hang a shingle from their office does not mean they know everything.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. acesk

acesk New Member

My 1st pain doctor - came in for 3 minutes and said all I had to do was start exercising - he ran 45 minutes and day - and we ALL have pain, so suck it up! He charged me $300 for the 3 minutes and I left crying my eyes out.

2nd pain doctor - great guy. Really is helping me. Believed me and put me on Ultracet and it helps. Gives me plenty of it also so it lasts all month! And is less expensive than "marathon running pain doctor!"

Sue in Florida