Pain medications taken off of the market...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TropicalGirl, Jul 14, 2009.

1. TropicalGirl

TropicalGirl New Member

Hi Everyone! ;)

I am wondering if any of you have heard the latest regarding the FDA trying to remove all of the prescription pain medications off of the market, (ie. Percocet, Morphine, etc.)? I heard that it was being passed through the Houses, and was getting very closed to being approved. They were saying that the only people that will be able to obtain a prescription for a narcotic pain medication would be the patients diagnosed with cancer. Seems that the government feels that they are the only legitimate people with pain issues!

Anyways, if any of you have heard anymore about this, please let me know. I have my Dr.'s apt. next week, and I would like to be prepared, just in case. (All of the other new "Wonder Drugs" out there for Fibro do not work for me, so if this happens, I might as well die, ugh.)

Thank you with big, gentle hugs!

Tropical Girl
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

The FDA is not removing prescription pain meds from the market. Where did you hear this from?
  3. frickly

frickly New Member

I bumped the original post regarding this issue. You might be able to find out more by visiting the following site.

4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Oh yes they are thinking of it. It was on the world news last week.