Pain Medicine's

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by barbslilies, Sep 8, 2006.

1. barbslilies

barbslilies New Member

How much pain medicine do you all have to take on a daily basic for the fm and cfs? Also how does it make you feel?
    Does it make you feel more tired? I'm trying to figure out why I feel so bad all the time plus the pain. I know I'm not sleeping much at night and I have to lay down alots during the day but never feel rested. Is the bottom figure on your blood pressure's low? Does it have anything to do with it?
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

If I had something that worked well I'd take it.

Every so often I'll take a ultram but they've never really helped me much. ???
    I get the same relief with OTC tylenol or advil.

I'm tired all the time.
    With or without meds.
    So I guess I'd take being in a little less pain & Tired,
    Vs. in alot of pain & tired.

I guess it does depend on how strong the med is?
    like percocette or Lortab 10's would prolly make me sleep half the day~ some meds are'nt as sedating as these tho.
    Trial and error.

My blood pressure is normal usually, but recently has been elevated. so I'm not sure about having a low number. (sorry)
    Hope this helps some,
    Tandy
  3. Im-still-standing

Im-still-standing New Member

I take oxcotin and it works very well, give it a couple of weeks to get use to it and the tired feeling goes away. Since its only giving you a small amount of medicine at a time because its time released it works well. I couldn't do the stairs before it.
  4. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I take Norco (hydrocodone and acetominophen) 10/325 mg.

I do not experience drowsiness at all.

I also take Zanaflex at night before bed...8 mg. It works great for the pain and keeps me asleep.

I just started taking Soma during the days...2 times a day...so far just minor drowsiness.

Stephanie
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2006]