Pain Mngmnt Appt. Tommorrow Leary

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lumare41, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Lumare41

Lumare41 New Member

Tommorrow is my appt. with the Pain Managment DR.This has been such a roller coaster ride!!!For the last 15 yrs. I have been told,your stressed,you have a tilted pelvis from twin pregnancy,you have a spinal birth defect,you have a pinched nerve,sprained neck,etc.etc.etc.They were all wrong.I never had any of that except for the stressed lol.Finally was dxd with fibro 2 yrs.ago.Was doing ok until this summer .In Ct. it has been rainy humid and just miserable.Told my rhuemy needed something stronger so he took everything away except my trazadone and quinine for rls.I have had nothing for pain in over a mnth.My husband and kids look at me strange cuz at night I sleep literally wrapped in heat thermal pads.I am usually awake and crying into the wee hours I need pain relief.I was filling out the paper work for tommorrow when at the end it said in bold letters.Dr does not prescribe Meds on first visit.Now this is a drive into the city for me and had to get a ride with my dad.Does this mean I have to go back??I have to stay in pain for even longer?If anyone has any input I would appreciate it.Thanks.
    Lumare
  2. Lac

Lac New Member

You poor lady. On my first visit to the Dr. the nurse told me to go home and take tylenol, thankfully the Dr. didn't agree with her. You just want someone to help you and take the pain away. I am going to pray that the Dr. will help you and you will get some releaf. Maybe after he sees you he will prescribe something over the phone later. That way you won't have to go back in. Take care and God bless you!