Pain Neutralization Technique (PNT)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Waynesrhythm, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi All,

I have primarily CFS/ME with relatively minor FM symptoms. So I'm not up on some of the therapies that may be of value to those with major FM.

But I ran across an article from the Townsend Newsletter on PNT I thought might be of interest to many of you. I've copied and pasted below a short segment from the entire article. The full article can be accessed by clicking <a href="">here</a>.

Regards, Wayne

Pain Neutralization Techniqueâ„¢ (PNT) is completely different from previous methods for treating trigger points, e.g., ischemic compression, myofascial release, massage, strain counterstrain, etc. In fact, the aim here is not even to treat a trigger point at all but to eliminate it.

PNT does not use mechanical force to treat trigger points, as do other methods, but uses neurological reflexes to turn them off. If the reflex is correct for the involved point, that point will not be tender within a few seconds. The pain will be gone.

Patients are consistently amazed that tender areas are immediately pain-free. The techniques are so simple that they're taught on video.
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 01/31/2008</i>]
  2. grace54

grace54 New Member

Sounds interesting. I will have to run this by my boy as he is a massage therapist and trys many methods on this old guinea pig.:)
  3. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hey Grace54,

Hmmmm. Sounds like there's advantages to being an aging guinea pig. :)

I'm kind of thinking about doing some research to find out where I could get the video and how much it might cost. Sounds like this knowledge would come in handy sooner or later, either for ourselves or with helping others with trigger point pain.

Regards, Wayne

4. grace54

grace54 New Member

I am not complaining for sure. He is a natural for fibro folks, the gals say he never hurts them. I woke up one morning with something that appeared to be a muscle spasim in my jaw as my entire left cheek and down my neck was a wicked pain. I called him up and whined to him and he came over and worked on it. He said it was swollen and he did some type of release on it and it was gone , never to return again. So this type of work is good to know for sure. My chiro still aligns me occasionally, he uses a tool on fibro patients that sounds like a staple gun on my joints as it is less impact force I guess. I always like the neck adjustment to loosen me uo too. Anyway thanks again for the tip and hope you are doing well.
  5. Djembe

Djembe New Member

painneutralization dot com

Ugh. Costs $597 for an intro set of DVD's. Fantastic bonus limited time offer . . . yada yada

Site has that look that screams SCAM . . .

But thanks for the lead though. And I sincerely hope I'm wrong. Who knows, there may well something to it . . . but I'm not gonna be spending my money yet.

Any Guinea pigs please report results! :)
  6. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Djembe,

Welcome to this message board!

Thanks for finding the PNT website. I couldn't agree with you more that it has that look that screams SCAM . . .

Being so sensitive to energies, it actually made me a bit nauseous to do even a cursory review of it. He sells others DVDs also for equally outrageous prices.

You know, I sometimes wonder about people that discover and develop things that can help humanity (not necessarily saying this is one of them). Some take the perspective that they have found something to share, and will do whatever they can to let people know about it and make it economically accessible.

Others, sadly, see it as an opportunity to get rich at the expense of others. In the broader scheme of things, it almost strikes me as a spiritual test. Some fail miserably, and others pass with flying colors.

Again, welcome to this board. I'll look for more of your posts in the future.

Regards, Wayne
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 02/01/2008</i>]
  7. Ginner

Ginner New Member

Thanks Wayne
    Keeping for records
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

and saw this article... forgot to go to the website 'til seeing your post, Wayne.

After going to it, my suspicions are also huge. If it really worked that well, why wouldn't he have a straight-forward doctor referral page, seriously?! It can't be that hard to do. Not many are going to be able to weed thru thousands of testimonials from doctors, regardless... just to see if maybe there's someone in their area who does it so they can see if it works in their case.

I didn't see any control group studies either? The other thing that bothers me-- even more --is this paragraph:

"MILLIONAIRE SYNAPSES - many doctors have used the procedures in this class to multiply their income and free time! Greatly expand your practice even if you're cheap, shy and lazy! $1397"

But thanks, you never know. It may really work, but he's also trying to really hype it (to his detriment imho).

all the best,

9. Djembe

Djembe New Member

Thanks for the welcome.

I typed up a long reply earlier today but it must have gotten vaporized in transit somehow.

I am new here, but not to CFS/Fibro/Myofascial pain thing(s). Been lurking for awhile and have picked up a lot . . . and it's probably time to contribute something back. I have gotten a LOT better with CFS, but still have significant pain and stiffness, particularly spinal and low back.

BTW I emailed the PNT guy with my concerns about the site presentation, and asked if there was any list of qualified practitioners available. I'll be amazed if I get a response though.

10. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

[Notes to myself: Look for a practitioner who does this]
  11. triggerpt

triggerpt New Member

I am currently receiving pain neutralization technique by a local chiropractor. I have only had two treatments. He is working on the trigger points. As I was not familiar with this technique, I thought I would check on the board to see what others, if any, had experienced. So far, it seems to be helping with the tightness and pain in my upper body. I don't know how it will pan out over time.&lt;BR&gt;
  12. ragold18

ragold18 New Member

I tried PNT and it did not help with a joint injury to spine. It may be who treats you. The person was a jerk that spent 10 minutes per patient. I am going to try someone else that does total motion release, primal release by john iams and pnt. Also, if your problem is basically muscular I found bowen to be the best, but again it has to be an advanced person. It is not painful since it is just small movements and far less painful than a message but has a profound difference on muscle problems. I had to sleep for a day after since it effects the whole body. But seems to only work on muscular pain not nerve or joint pain.&lt;BR&gt;