Pain never goes away

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cupimick, Aug 30, 2002.

1. cupimick

cupimick Member

Hi all,

I am new to this board and am reaching out as I can't remember when I had a day w/o pain. I've had this awful disease about a year and a half. I think I had maybe a week back in June where I felt almost normal. My pain is all in my muscles mainly my arms and legs and it feels like a toothache. I have the other symptoms brain fog, sleeplessnes but its the pain that is the worst.

I have been to so many drs. I am currently on Lortab which takes a bit of the edge off but I know it can cause liver damage. take 2-3 a day, been on them for over a year. I can't function and work my job w/o them.

Don't know what else to do ,celebrex, vioxx, relafen didn't work. My PCP put me on antidepressants now he is trying to ween me off them because of side effects. What I would give to wake up feeling great. I am sorry if I seem to be complaining its just hard to deal with this disease and you feel like a prisoner of your body. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. I do take high potency multi vitamins with B complex and it has magnesium in it but I don't see that its making any difference. I also bought one of those ionized bracelets that you see advertised on TV , been wearing its for months just a gimmick if you ask me. Oh well, I hope all of you have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend.

Deanna
  2. cupimick

cupimick Member

Hi all,

I am new to this board and am reaching out as I can't remember when I had a day w/o pain. I've had this awful disease about a year and a half. I think I had maybe a week back in June where I felt almost normal. My pain is all in my muscles mainly my arms and legs and it feels like a toothache. I have the other symptoms brain fog, sleeplessnes but its the pain that is the worst.

I have been to so many drs. I am currently on Lortab which takes a bit of the edge off but I know it can cause liver damage. take 2-3 a day, been on them for over a year. I can't function and work my job w/o them.

Don't know what else to do ,celebrex, vioxx, relafen didn't work. My PCP put me on antidepressants now he is trying to ween me off them because of side effects. What I would give to wake up feeling great. I am sorry if I seem to be complaining its just hard to deal with this disease and you feel like a prisoner of your body. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. I do take high potency multi vitamins with B complex and it has magnesium in it but I don't see that its making any difference. I also bought one of those ionized bracelets that you see advertised on TV , been wearing its for months just a gimmick if you ask me. Oh well, I hope all of you have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend.

Deanna
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello Deanna, welcome to our world. So sorry you are having such a terrible time. We all can relate to how you feel here.

I have had Fibro for 20 years, but you never get used to the pain.

I take mainly supplements for everything.

A very good formula for the pain is; Pro Energy which is; Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate. It is sold here at Pro Health, if you want go to the 'Store' link on the right top side of this board and you can read about it.

I have most of the pain down to a minimun, I am sleeping pretty good, and the rest of they symptoms are under control too.

I have been on this board for a year and a half and have learned so much, that I am about 80% better than when I first came here.

You are right, we do feel like we are prisoners in our own body, like we are kept from living our life like we would like to do, or like we did before this hit us.

I know you will enjoy the boards here, as we do have some wonderful people who are so willing to share their experiences with different things to make life easier and less painful for you.

Our board will be slow this holiday weekend, so be patient with us, most won't be here untill Tuesday.

Again, welcome to the board, and will be looking forward to knowing you better, and hope we can help you have a better quality of life too.

Shalom, Shirl

4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Shirl, as always, gave you some great advice. I've found it a source of hope to see how many people with these DDs have been helped (not cured) by some of the info they've found here.

I'm not sure what kind of supplements you're using, but over the years (& I used to be a dietician)I've found that it's very important to buy supplements that are easily absorbed by the body. So far, I've gotten my supplements (incl. a complete vit/min/supp & glucosamine chondrioton (sp) from my rheumy--they're natural. I have not yet ordered supplements from here, but from the ingredients I saw (yes, I checked some of them out!)& the testimony from members, they do seem like a good way to go & there are some products my dr doesn't carry. The price here is about what I pay for my drs'.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was selling (I of course don't make a dime no matter where you go, lol).

Best wishes and keep us posted on how you're doing, vent if you need to (we all do at one point or other), or ask questions - usually someone here has had same or similar experience.
  5. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I'm new too! I'm glad you shared your pain. It is a step in the right direction. I can't remember my last day w/o pain either, but I manage as best I can.

I took Lortab in the beginning, when the docs didn't even know what I had yet (I've only been diagnosed 1 month, but suffering for 4 months). It upset my stomach! They switched me over to Ultram (Tramadol) and it seems to be easier on the belly.

Some days are better than others! I'm thankful for the better. Keep your chin up. This is a great group of folks!

LisaMay
  6. cupimick

cupimick Member

7. kitkat623

kitkat623 New Member

The pain and tiredness that go along with fibromyalgia are very tough to take. For many the pain is the hardest to bear. For others the fatigue is the worst. I'm glad that you've come to join us here at this site. There is great information in the site library, and there are lots of active members who offer great support and sound advice. I'm fairly new myself, and I've seen how quickly folks reach out in caring support here. So welcome, and happy posting! Kathy
  8. jeanann

jeanann New Member

I have had this DD for as long as i can remember. just diagnosed 10/01 i also have IC. I have tried so much, supplements, accupunture, chiroprator, naturopath, medical doctor, massage therapy, rolfing. there is a book called
    "Fibromyalgia: what your doctor may not be telling you" it talks about a medication called guaifenesin and a protocal to use it. I started on this 8/5/2002 and i actually have had some pretty mild pain days, where i have energy and feel good. this disease seems to be as individual as we are, what works for some may not work for others. this is a great place to find out all the different options and to try the things that work for you. When i did accupunture i felt great i thought this was it the "cure" however after not going to accupuncture the pain came back. Then i tried somthing else,and so on. Good luck to both of you. love jean ann
  9. jeanann

jeanann New Member

I have had this DD for as long as i can remember. just diagnosed 10/01 i also have IC. I have tried so much, supplements, accupunture, chiroprator, naturopath, medical doctor, massage therapy, rolfing. there is a book called
    "Fibromyalgia: what your doctor may not be telling you" it talks about a medication called guaifenesin and a protocal to use it. I started on this 8/5/2002 and i actually have had some pretty mild pain days, where i have energy and feel good. this disease seems to be as individual as we are, what works for some may not work for others. this is a great place to find out all the different options and to try the things that work for you. When i did accupunture i felt great i thought this was it the "cure" however after not going to accupuncture the pain came back. Then i tried somthing else,and so on. Good luck to both of you. love jean ann
  10. PMangels

PMangels New Member

Hi Deanna, Welcome to our world. We sure can feel for you. Iv'e been on celebrex and relafen and am currently on Vioxx. FM is not and inflamation and I'm not quite sure why docs put us on those drugs. I have a big problem with sleep so I'm on Prozac to help boost the seritonin in my brain and Doxipen at night to help me sleep. I'm taking Mirapex for RLS (restless leg syndrome). Pro Health has supplements we can buy. I have not yet decided which ones I should buy so haven't tried that yet. I understand why you feel like a prisoner in your body..we can all relate to that. There are a lot of people here that have good ideas on what works for them. I hope you will be able to get some relief soon.

Arlene
  11. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Just wanted to say hi and welcome. One supplement you might want to check out for the liver damage caused by meds is milk thistle. I recently asked this board about it, because both hubby and I are on hydrocodone and probably will be for some time. If you're interested just search the messages for "milk thistle" and you can read the answers I received.

Good luck and glad to have you. You'll find this group very caring and full of great advice.

Regina