Pain, numbness and tingling in hands and fingers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pinky, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Pinky

Pinky New Member

My rheumatologist told me I had the start of osteoarthritis in my hands. But just recently, last night, my pointer finger on my left hand got tingly and went numb. When I woke up this morning it was better but now this afternoon the pain in my hand is much worse and the whole hand feels numb.Also that perticular finger has begun to turn inward towards my middle finger. Is this what happens with osteo or is it just another thing i have to cope with dealing with FM????
    Debbie
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Pain and tingly feeling but it comes and goes, I had my heart checked out just to make sure and heart was fine. I thought it was not common in fibro till I came to this board and seen how many others was having it also. I don't know about the index finger turning though I have not experienced that, not that I won't at some point in time. One thing i have learned is to expect the unexpected with this!

I hope you feel better
    best wishes
    Hugs,
    Jeanna
  3. LadyDragon

LadyDragon New Member

I have had problems with pain, numbness, and tingling in both hands for about 5 years now. I have arthritis and FM, and even though my arthritis is not classified as rheumatoid, the doc's tell me theres a good chance I will have it. It runs in my family, so they assume... anyway, I have found exercise, heat, and massage work well. Good luck.
  4. sunflowertgp

sunflowertgp New Member

Hi,
    I just started feeling the numbness in my hands, and fingers, about 3 months ago. It waked me up. Also, I have it in the daytime too. Sometimes while I am holding the phone up to my ear. I know it is a symtom of carpol tunnell. I was checked for that about 4 yrs. ago. That came back negative. I have come to the conclusion it is the fibro. It bothers me more when I work with my hands a lot.
    Best Wishes, Toni
  5. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi Debbie,

Back in November just before I was diagnosed, both my arms and legs became numb. It was so bad that one day walking with my daughter both legs went numb and the only way I made it home was to look at my feet to guide myself. Then the doctor thought I had MS and sent me to the neurologist for more tests. The brain MRI came back normal and that's how I was diagnosed with the FMS.

Lin