Pain, pain and more pain!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jpswife_4boys, Dec 12, 2002.

1. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I haven't been here in while, seems like forever. My eyes just can't seem to focus on the post, the light from the monitor bothers my eyes. We just got over an ice storm here in NC which left me without electricity for 7 days. My family and I had to move in to my parents house. I live right behind her (yep she had power but I didn't) I had to walk back and forth from our homes in the ice to get the things we needed as the days went on. Now my feet are killing me. It feels like the bone is breaking as I walk. My hands are so sore also. Due to having such a terrible back ache my posture is horrible. I feel like a whinny baby but I just need to vent a little. I guess I should just say that my whole body is hurting instead of naming every thing. I have to go to work today which I really dread but the Christmas around the corner I must go. It's just such physical work (I clean houses) I know I will be dead to the world the next few days. Anyway, I'm glad to be back to the board. I have enjoyed reading your post. I'm sorry I haven't been responding lately but my hands really hurt when I type.
  2. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I haven't been here in while, seems like forever. My eyes just can't seem to focus on the post, the light from the monitor bothers my eyes. We just got over an ice storm here in NC which left me without electricity for 7 days. My family and I had to move in to my parents house. I live right behind her (yep she had power but I didn't) I had to walk back and forth from our homes in the ice to get the things we needed as the days went on. Now my feet are killing me. It feels like the bone is breaking as I walk. My hands are so sore also. Due to having such a terrible back ache my posture is horrible. I feel like a whinny baby but I just need to vent a little. I guess I should just say that my whole body is hurting instead of naming every thing. I have to go to work today which I really dread but the Christmas around the corner I must go. It's just such physical work (I clean houses) I know I will be dead to the world the next few days. Anyway, I'm glad to be back to the board. I have enjoyed reading your post. I'm sorry I haven't been responding lately but my hands really hurt when I type.
  3. JaneG

JaneG New Member

just wanted to say I'm sorry you're hurting so bad -- will keep you in my thoughts, especially today.

Don't feel that you're whining - and even if you are, so what? You've had a lousy time lately and I for one think that if you "whine" alittle and get it off your chest, it's easier to move on and do what you have to do.

I'm new here and have already used this site to vent - it just helps me to know that others understand what I am going through.

Smiles and warm thoughts to you - I hope it gets alittle easier for you and that you don't hurt quite so much.
    JaneG
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Sorry your having such a difficult time. We had a ice
    storm like that here 5 years ago. It snapped hundreds of
    power poles off because of the weight of the ice. We too
    had no electricity for a week. It was very tough to go
    through and I hope it never happens again. We ate a lot of cold cereal, sandwiches, etc. The worst thing was no heat.
    When the power goes off like that, it makes you appreciate
    all the things we have and usually take for granted. It was
    a horrible week!

Don`t feel bad about venting. We all need to let it out sometimes and this is the only place we can do that really
    because the rest of the world just doesn`t understand.

I`ll say a pray that things get back to normal for you soon.
    Get lots of rest when you can and stay warm.

P.S. Would you believe here in North Dakota we haven`t had any snow yet and its been 40 to 50 degrees the last week?
    This weather is totally crazy!
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Sorry to hear you are hurting so badly. I know you are cleaning to make a merry season for your kiddos....my prayers are with you and your family.
    Karen
  6. toots2

toots2 New Member

I am so sorry you are hurting and feeling badly right now but with what you do for a living no wonder you hurt. Would it be possible for you to do something else, where you could sit down everyday and not have to work so hard? All that physical exertion is so bad for you. You will never feel better if work like that. Could you possibly file for social security? I know many do and have good results. I do pray you feel better during the holidays and have a wonderful Christmas with your family. Toots
  7. opala

opala New Member

Sorry to hear you are going so badly. Don't feel like you are whining with us....I like to call it "venting".

All that physical activity on top of the weather and stress really takes it's toll on your body...my thoughts are with you.

Just close your eyes and chant your mantra "Sandy Tropical Beaches, Sandy Tropical Beaches" over and over again while soaking in a nice hot bath with some herbal tea....if nothing else, I've found that it kind of alleviates the stress for a while.

{{soft fibro hugs}}

Michelle
  8. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I really appreciate all of you! Thanks for the kind words.
    I live in Randolph County, Glenola area. (close to high point.) I use to work every day but since June I haven't been able to which causes such a hardship on us. This year has been horrible for a lot of people. I now only work about 6 days a month. (big difference in my pocket change lol) After Christmas though, I have decided to quit clean all but one home. My husband helps with that house and I really love the lady I clean for. She is bed ridden with a terminal illness and is on oxygen 24/7. It's just important to me to continue helping her.

All this Christmas stress (shopping) is terrible for us all. I'll be so glad when it's over. It's exhausting mentally and physically. We went to Wal-Mart to get a lay-a-way out last night and had to wait 2& 1/2 hrs. Then we had to go to my nephews birthday party. I was so glad to get home.

Thanks again soft hugs all!
  9. Cmurry

Cmurry New Member

I want to take your pain away!! I understand the way you hurt because I hurt the same. Sometimes looking at the computor screen makes me queezy. I'm glad you posted. Even though you feel like you are whining it helps me to hear someone else who feels what I feel. Hubby and kids are supportive but sometimes I even doubt that this is real because of the bad press.My doctor has a push through it don't give up attitude, which I share to a fault. Sometimes easy does it is a better attitude. I'm better able to take care of myself if I ditch the "imaginary illness" mentality.Hearing your pain helps me to validate mine.Thanks.
  10. royalt

royalt New Member

I live in High Point, I am not diagnosed with anything yet and was just wondering if you could tell me how your symptoms began and what symptoms you have now.

Thank You

[ advertisement ]