Pain, pain everywhere pain......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeanann, Aug 28, 2002.

1. jeanann

jeanann New Member

I was reading the posts on hip pain, I have pain all over even in my toes!!! I have pain in my head, face, neck, shoulders, ribs, elbows, arms, hands (bad carpal tunnel),fingers, upper, middle and lower back, hips, legs, knees, ankels, toes. Did I forget anything? It hurts most of the time when I breath. Isn't this fibro? Don't all of you have this kind of pain? for a long time I just thought everyone suffered this way, now I know better. Please tell me if this is not normal for fibro. Thank you my sisters
    ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) jean ann
  2. jeanann

jeanann New Member

I was reading the posts on hip pain, I have pain all over even in my toes!!! I have pain in my head, face, neck, shoulders, ribs, elbows, arms, hands (bad carpal tunnel),fingers, upper, middle and lower back, hips, legs, knees, ankels, toes. Did I forget anything? It hurts most of the time when I breath. Isn't this fibro? Don't all of you have this kind of pain? for a long time I just thought everyone suffered this way, now I know better. Please tell me if this is not normal for fibro. Thank you my sisters
    ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) jean ann
  3. thereseuk

thereseuk New Member

Yes all over body pain is a symptom of fms but it could be also related to autoimmune disorders like lupus connective tissue disorders etc.
    Have you got a diagnosis yet and have you had any testing done. I think that testing is important to rule out any underlying disease process. And have you been given anything for your pain??
    for temporary relief of pain you could try adding a couple of cups of epsom salts to your bath and soak for about 20 minutes.
    love therese
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

at different times throughout different days, lol. Last night, I got shooting pains down my pinky finger, for goodness sakes! It's gone today, but there's already other things to replace it.

Is your dr. treating you seriously or putting you off? If so, find another doctor.

Many fms sufferers have a magnesium deficiency, you can order them from this site. My doctor put me on glucosamine w/ chondriton (sp), calls it "joint food" & his nurse who has fibro was able to get off her pain meds after taking this for 6 months (he says I'll usually start to see results in 4-6 weeks).

Let us know what you're taking and other dx'd conditions. In the meantime, I'd call your dr. today & tell him you need help. Michele