Pain, pain go away

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sassyburger, Nov 16, 2005.

1. sassyburger

sassyburger New Member

Hi everyone,

I haven't been to this website in a while, but it's a great support system for me, so here I am.

Has anyone taken Morphine for the pain? Nothing else seems to work. I've tried anti-inflammatories, & basic pain medication. The problem is that I started on 10 mg, then 15 then a 12-hr release at 30mg. My doctor took me off of it because she was worried about addiction. Well, I had a good cry in her office, I'm even on antidepressants. She told me to do more yoga & try to do stuff to take my mind off the pain. I told her that's fine for the daytime, but it's the evenings that I have so much leg & back pain that it's hard to go to sleep. She's put me back on 10 mg, we'll try that.

Does anyone know of a different type of pain killer that will help with the pain, I'm at a loss?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Lisa
  2. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I do not know much about pain killers but I find my pain worse at night also some times cannot even pull the doona up I hope you find something for your pain soon as it wears you out
    Linda
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

One of the hardest things is trying to handle this pain, especially when it's like a rollercoaster. I figure my pain must be worse at night because my husband said that I used to moan every time I turn over.

My Dr. now has been on 100 mg Norflex and 10mg Morphine. He allows me to take up to 3 a day of each but I try to get buy with just one.

I take them at night with my sleeping pill and it really helps me sleep so much better. The better I sleep, the easier it is to get through the day.

That's not to say I don't have my crashes though. Had a really bad morning yesterday. Took me two hours to get out of bed. I had an important meeting at work I couldn't miss. On those days, I take the prescribed dosage.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Eileen