Pain, Pain, Pain...go away

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I have had the worst pain for almost 2 weeks, it in my shoulders goes up to my neck and now into my jaw, what can I do for this? I just can't take it anymore...I can't get in to see my Dr for at least 3-4 weeks..should I go to the walk in clinic...wondering if they would be able to prescribe anything...i know I'm tense but I just CAN"T untense myself no what what and how I try..this pain just makes me NOT want to be here anymore. Any suggestions?
    Ann
  2. Toga

Toga Member

I have that kind of pain also. Heat helps me more then anything. A hot shower or deep soaking bath, a whirlpool if possible. A heating pad is great.

Only one problem, its hard to accomplish anything in the tub shower or hooked to a heating pad ;-)

I take Tylonol like crazy (no, I don't overdose.) I use a mild pain pill only occasionally since they make me itch.

I'm going to keep track of this thread to see if anyone else has an answer.

Toga
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I really appreciate it...I'll try anything just to stop the pain. Ann
  4. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

If you can't get a massage, I found a great little plastic massager at WalGreens (they also have them at Bed Bath and Beyond I think near the checkout) called Nukkles. It is under $5.00, and it is the best I have found.

I think it has four knobby points on it, and it feels wonderful wherever you hurt. I also place it on the floor when I am hurting really bad and press it into a tense, knotted up muscle. You can't get a bad massage with it!

Epsom salt and hydrogen peroxide baths in water as hot as you can stand it works good. I did that when I was first diagnosed a couple of years ago. I don't remember exactly how much, but I am sure someone here knows.

Also, try pain ointment. I like Tiger Balm, but there are other good things to use as well.

I hope you get to feeling better.

Big hugs,

Deena