pain pain pain in rt. toe knuckles.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chewie, Jan 16, 2003.

1. chewie

chewie New Member

Hello,new to this site .I'vehad this dd fibromalgia for several years now. dr confrimed IT JULY 2001.
    mY QUESTIONSARE DOSE ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE THE SAME OR SIMULLAR ONES DR sas just part of this dd. Now my knuckles.I can barley houLd my oue thoothbrush an conb in my hands ..sTERRING A STERRLG WHEELE HURTS LIKE H---.DR. IS RUNNING BLOOD TESS TO FIND OUT NO URIC ACIDES LEVELS iS THERE ANYONE OUT THER WITH SANE SISTIOMS
    HOPE TO FROM SOMEONE.THANNKS IN ADAVANCE.

2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Chewie, welcome to our world, glad you found our board.

Yes, I have had pain in my knuckles, it is arthritis, also in my big toe! It hurt so bad I could not wear shoes. I was told to pull the toe straight out untill I heard it crack, well after I did this a few times, it was fine, go figure!

I also get shooting pains in my hands sometimes. I will drop anything I am holding, its like liquid fire shooting through the top of my hand.

I also have Fibro, could be the Fibro as the arthritic joints are swollen, and the hand pain is just in the nerves not the joints.

Hope you get some help for this, it is very painful.

Agan, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. starstella

starstella New Member

you are having in some of your joints. Your uric acid levels will determine if you have gout. There are medications to treat that and minor dietary changes. Hopefully your doc will be able to help you treat your new symptoms.
  4. MildredAnn

MildredAnn New Member

I also have problems with my hands. All joints are swollen and painful. I can not take Celebrex, nor Vioxx because
    of alllergies and IBS. Several things that help are hot water and warm parifin dips. I have also been told there
    are gloves that are made especially for arthritic hands that help and am investigating those. Even tho my grip is much less stable, strength is decreasing, and it is painful, I try to use my hands as much as possible because I think that is good for them. Good luck.