Pain Patch does it...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ja1grump, Sep 12, 2003.

1. ja1grump

ja1grump New Member

Ok I got the pain patch today Duragesic (fentanyl)25M does anyone else use this? How does it make you feel? I am tired but heck I am tired all the time! It is 4:40 AM - I went to bed at 10:30 pm and woke up at 3:30. I am just wondering if it makes you dopey or sluggish. I am feeling some relief finally. Is this something I will have to wear forever now? TIA Julie
  2. smoke

smoke New Member

Hi
    I have been wearing the patch for 8-10 months and I love them. To me there is no side effects, the biggest problem I have is getting the adhesive off my arm!! I started at 25mcg and through trial and error found that I needed the 100mcg. I think these are the best thing in the world. I am using the 100mcg and have oxycontin and percocet for breakthrough pain. I very seldom use the other pain meds because the patch does its thing. You change the patch every 3 days and after 2 1/2 days the pain will begin coming back, my doc told me to put a heating pad on it the last part of the 3 days and it will help. I have tried it and it does help but to much of a hassle. I would recommend this to everyone, I know everyone is different but it is well worth the try. Before I was using these the pain meds were taking a toll on me because of the side effects, and this was such a wonderful change for me that I can not say enough good about them. Also, if the patches do not stick to your skin you can call the 800 number on the package and they have something they will send you to make it stick. I have just requested it and have not received it yet. I have a problem with sweating terrible bad and they would not stick good, even with tape. Good luck and I hope you have the great experience with these as I do. Please let us know back on this board how you are doing.
  3. ja1grump

ja1grump New Member

Thanks for the reply. I too was on a bunch of pain medication for fibro and migraines, and going to the dr about 3 times a week for a shot of demerol for the headaches. I am hopeing this patch will also take care of the headaches. I slept pretty good last night - that's a first for awhile. My mom called me this moring and she is just miserable with aching and skin burning. Says she feels like she has a fever. She is going to try to reach rheumy, to see if she too can wear one of the patches. We go to the same dr. Thanks to everyone who reads and replies here, this board also makes me feel better, knowing I am not alone. Julie