Pain patch. How do you keep it on?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hasbeen, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Hasbeen

Hasbeen New Member

Just started the pain patch. Where do you guys put it so it will stay? I'm open for opinions.
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

My Duragesic Patches NEVER stayed on. They claimed they could prescribe you some spray to prep your skin with that would make it stick better...NOPE!

I used to buy medical tape and just tape it on real good. I know its a pain but the patches were the only thing that every took my pain totally away. So I would have used duct tape if I had to!

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Nexcare Waterproof bandages clear knee/elbow size can keep it on well. There is also a bandage made for it that you can get from your pharmacist but the name escapes me right now. If you talk to your pharmacist they should know.
  4. joanng

joanng New Member

Johnson & Johnson was getting alot of complaints about the Duragesic patches not sticking and if you call them (look for a 1-800 number), they will send you this cover adhesive, water-proof things for free. Tell them you have the pain patch and they should send them with no problem. The cover patch is a thin, plastic thing that works really well. I've used them with the Lidoderm patches on my feet too! These patches roll up at the ends sometimes and the J&J cover patches keep them in place. Good luck. If you have trouble getting this info, post again with the Title saying something like "can't reach J&J" and I'll look for the information for you.