PAIN question to everyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzette1954, Jun 4, 2006.

1. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

On Sat. I was frying bacon and my hand touched the fork I had just used to turn it. I felt like I had been burned with a blowtorch!!! I screamed and then cried for 10 min. I put my hand under cold water and yelled for my husband to get the aloavera for me. I knew it was the worst burn Ive ever had.

It did not even blister. One of my drs told me once that we can no longer handle pain that others can and I laughed at him. I said, I had both of my children natural without even a Tylonal. Ive always been the best patient the drs have ever seen.This is new pain.

My Question: Have any of you hurt your self since being diagnosed with FM and could not handle the pain that would not have fazed you before?

Suzette
  2. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Suzette,

I broke my foot a few years ago, and the pain carried on long after it should have eased up. Also, I have had extensive dental work done and the pain lasts for a few days. It also hurts to put my hand in anything that is cold. Pain shoots down to my bone.

Yes, I think your doctor was right about our pain threshold. It is much lower than the average person w/o fibro.

Hope this helps, and hope you feel better soon!!
    Dawn
  3. lardsgirl

lardsgirl New Member

a few years ago..seems like a lifetime now...I would go to work with a broken foot, ribs, what ever...strong as a draft horse......now...making it thru the day is hard...I try not to dwell on this DD, go thru the motions most of the time...those of us who know what is happening to us...are the only one s who understand....Some days really suck!
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Suzette:

I posted here a while back about almost falling a few times, especially when in the shower.

Some people here mentioned getting a chair with a back for the shower. Well: I did it and now no more slips in the shower.

They say that most accidents happen in the home.

nyrofan
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

This is a little off your question but...

You know how that burn hurt I get that same kind of pain all over my skin at times.

Then I have another type of pain inside all over.that feels like an electric shock that doent stop.

I'm very confused, because I feel my pain is really bad ,unbearable at times but I struggle through the moments. I always have thought that we all deal with a worse kind of pain.

After all we have been where most people are, they have not experenced our pain.
  6. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Even something as simple as having my blood preasure makes me hurt worse then normal and will bring me almost to tears. On bad days my daughter can just poke a finger in me and it will hurt worse then normal. I would hate to have anything really bad happen cause I know I would just be one ball of bawling.....SueF
  7. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

8. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

All the time. it's pretty normal for me now! I used to have a very high tolerance but not since I've had these DD's!
    I feel your pain, Julie (Earthdog)
  9. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

but I had a novacaine shot at the dentist and nearly passed out.Linda