Pain Relief Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nikki, May 3, 2006.

1. Nikki

Nikki Member

My rhuemy has me on hydrocodone 7.5/500 up to 4x day.
    However, this has stopped working for me, or if it works, it only works in the a.m. It does nothing for me in the evening when my pain is at it's worse.

In addition, if I have a headache, the pain med (I think it is the tylenol) makes the headache much, much worse. Tylenol has never worked for me. Until recently, I hardly ever had headaches - only w/sinus problems.

I think my dr. is reluctant to rx anything stronger, but something for bad pain in the evening only would definitely help me - also help w/my exhaustion from the pain. I am totally useless after 5pm - but always push myself to complete the things I still need to do.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Hugs,
    Shaaron
  2. Nikki

Nikki Member

3. Momeroo

Momeroo New Member

I take norco for fibromyalgia chronic pain 4x a day, maybe if you take these and they are a little stronger, that might help the night time pain.

And for headaches I use a natural spray called similasan, it says for hay fever and runny nose, however it helps my headaches, I also use a naturaly nasal inhaler, you can both at any health food store, I got mine at Lassen's and also Whole Foods.

You parobably need a stronger med. Hope this helps.

Love, Momeroo