Pain relief suggestions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rmgrafe, Sep 7, 2005.

1. rmgrafe

rmgrafe New Member

I have only been diagnosed for 3 weeks, but the med's the doc gave me are 187.00 for 30 pills, and I have no health insurance.
    I was wondering what possible options I might have.
    Anything welcome..
    Thanks
  2. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

how about a muscle relaxer? I take flexeril and it cost $20 for 60, also tramadol might help, it is afordable.
    Sue
  3. mommy22

mommy22 New Member

My sister and her husband went through the drug company to get his pills (at several hundred dollars a pop!) and wound up getting them free. They had insurance, but his brain tumor usually put them "over the Rx limit" w/i a few months. Don't mess around w/going through the dr. Go straight to the company. If they can't help, ask them if there are any programs they know of. They want you to take their meds and will usually go to extra lengths to help. Good luck!!
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

If you get in touch with the Org. Pharmaciasutal (sp) co. that makes your Med. they are pretty good about helping thoes who have no insurance.
    I won't hurt.

There are also some websites that can give you a list, if you google in what you are on, you can get a Menu of their addys, and phone numbers.
    There is a lot of help, trouble is finding it.

Good luck, hope you can find a way to afford your Med.
    sharonk
  5. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

Tell your doc if he wants you to take this medicine he can supply you with samples or he needs to change your prescription to something more cost effective because of the price.

There are way too many meds on the market to 'make you take these'.

Don't let docs intimidate you. Your doc should beyour partner in health care and that includes helping you to not stress over financial stress regarding medication.