Pain relief

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KAZZE, Jan 14, 2003.

1. KAZZE

KAZZE New Member

My doctor suggested I could try something called MSM to help with pain, as another of her patients was taking it and said it helped. Dose anyone know anything about this medication?
  2. maynee

maynee New Member

Dear,friend and sufferer could you tell me or know what the medication is in the uk whwere i live as we have simular meds but sometimes different name.I have been a long time with this or ill sinse i was 16 i am 42 this year i have not worked for or from August 30 1991 when i collapesed if anyone would like to chat as a friend please get in touch.All the best.Romayne
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

If you just type in "MSM" in the search block, you should find out more than you ever want to know. It is now approved for use in people, so I would not be afraid to try it. It is suppose to rebuild the cartilage in arthritic joints or something like that. It might help you, and it probably won't hurt.
    Kathryn
  4. andyfolk

andyfolk New Member

This could be another scam like shark cartilage. Look up quackwatch.com and see what they say. There can be some serious side effects, and as it's only for joints, supposedly, it won't help with muscle pain. I would be skeptical. Orothopods recommend the controitin/glucosomine (whatever) for joint help, and this seems to be on the level.
  5. KAZZE

KAZZE New Member

I,m in the U.K. too!
    I've not been using this message board for very long, but have already found it very helpful. Just knowing there are others out there who understand what you are going through is a great support.
    Although I have been ill for a while, I have only recently been diagnosed, and I have other complications that make life more interesting!
    It's great to find someone else from the same part of the world!

Love Karen