Pain runs rampant over strong pain killers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by artseyone, Jul 19, 2006.

1. artseyone

artseyone New Member

Please I am desperate as I face another day I will offer up to ME for the pain is excruiating and the only temporary relief is to go to sleep w/my trusty, full-body, auto turn off heating pads. Of course I have to take a Klonopin and 25mgs of trazadone to get asleep...When I get up the pain starts again..

I've been given agressive pain killers but they don't work.
    Why not I wonder.
    I've been on:
    1. Hydrocodone 7.5's and 10's
    2. percosets
    3. kadian
    4 Morphine sulfate
    5. several muscle relaxers

Now on: Ultram Er's 300mg., Zanaflex 4mgs in pm and 2mgs in am

Unrelently, unbearable pain how can this be?
  2. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

I also have tried many pain killers. They
    work for a while and then they seem to stop helping. I end up taking meds for breakthrough pain because the pain is unbearable. I think we become amuine ( i know I spelled wrong?). Have you tried oxycodone release? It releases meds all day into your body. I have come to the conclusion that my pain will never go all the way away. I suffer with it so much. So I am in the same boat. I have noticed the oxy working and I take a vicodin at night for breakthrough. I hope you feel better.

Lisa

[This Message was Edited on 07/19/2006]
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm in the same boat. Before my own experience with narcotic's, I assumed painkillers killed pain. Not so, they take the edge off at best and often not even that. God bless you. I hope you feel better. Anne Theresa
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

artsehyon:

Believe it is real. I callled my Rheumatologist and said to him that instead of Percocet increase I would prefer Elavil morning and night. 100mg. doses.

He only gave me 50 twice and day and said we could work it up. He was very happy I was attempting the non-narcotic root, not that I am not taking them, but the
    Elavil really helps. I can not believe it but one of the oldest anti-depressants can help with pain and sleep.

You take care and do what is best for you.

nyrofan
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

I am sorry to hear you are not doing do well.

I would think your next step would be the Duragessic/Fentynal Patch.

It is a morphine patch you change every 3 days. My mother uses the 100 mg, which is the strongest, they are in 10,25,50, 75 and 100.

Most Drs are hesitant to precribe it, it is one step away from a moraphine drip.

Have you tried do any of your art, I know how hard it is when your in pain, but sometimes once you get into it you kind of put it out of your mind. Good luck-Carla
  6. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I would try the Fentanyl Duragesic Patch. It has been the only thing that has given me the freedom from pain.

It may not work for you though. My father has been on every pain med you could think of. All that you listed then add Oxycontin, MS Contin, Methadone and probably more that I cannot even think of right now. The Duragesic patch did not work for him, even at the highest dosage. He currently takes Methadone, although he does not have FM, he suffers from an injury that is far more painful. I hope you can find some relief. He is looking into the pain pump, but unfortunatly the horrible excuse for a workman's comp company have basically written him off and told the doctors to just pump him full of pain meds.

Stephanie
    [This Message was Edited on 07/19/2006]
  7. TAM

TAM New Member

Hi,

I know what you mean sweetie, i'm in severe pain and i have not found anything to work for me, i could have opened up my own drugstore with all the pills that were let over that didn't help me.

I'm so sorry that your in such pain i wish i could tell you something that might help you, i really hope you find something soon. Take care, Tammy.