pain site question HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onnaroll, Dec 17, 2005.

1. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

I was on a pain site the other night and it rated your pain, so you could copy it and take it with you to your doctor but i cant seem to find it now..grrr
    anyway number ten on the scale was pain so bad you wanted to call Dr.Kavorcian .
    And i also wanted to ask you if your pain gets this bad???
    Mine does, and im having diffacualty addressing this with my docto and you all. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Maybe i should just write another letter? Can anyone relate here and help me with this?

ps. anyone know of another site like this is where i can copy the info for my letter?

thanks all
    love
    onnaroll
    [This Message was Edited on 12/17/2005]
  2. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

im just sick and tired of the pain and calling my doctors office anyone here on the same page with me?
    [This Message was Edited on 12/17/2005]
  3. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hiya
    have you tried pacing? that and a good med balance has really helped me ot do more in a day by resting more.(this incedently is my resting lol)
  4. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

5. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

yes i do pacing if you mean walking..=)
  6. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

can anyone help me with this? the stinging and burning pains spasyms make me tear up. their horribly painful! so deep in my back their making me nauseated.thanks just looking for help with all my health issues .ugggg so i can address this with nurse or doctor? Its been frustrating me all weekend. the good thing is my tennis ball masage worked great for those spasms, that and my prayer for relief helped. Im so confused on how to approach this. thanks
    [This Message was Edited on 12/18/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/18/2005]
  7. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

again bumping and shouting it out load. teehee
  8. shep

shep New Member

I feel for you so, as I have had uncontrolled pain more times than not. First off, Is your potassium low? If it is, this could be the cause of your increase in pain. Low potassium causes muscle spasms.
    Please go to your doctor and express this to him .

There is a new thing on the market now to controll pain w/o medication. It is like a pacemaker and is implanted under the skin and it sends out impluses to control the pain. Jerry Lewis who does the telethon each year for the kids uses one. He has back problems and was on as many as 20 pain pills a day. Now with this device he takes no medication.
    The site to read about this and get a video explaining how this works is www..tamethepain.com
    I would suggest you go on to your doctor right away and you may mention this to him and he may all ready know a lot about it; and if he doesn't after you get the video you can take it to him to watch.
    God bless you.

Shep
  9. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hi by pacing i meant pace your way through your day,spread chores and errands out over the week.

for my spasms and cramps i have been given tizanidine at 2mg a day,its given for ms which i dont have but ive found it affective at stopping the cramping and spasms.
  10. cczub

cczub New Member

Pacing yourself does work but if you work a fulltime job and have a house and family at home it's very hard to pace yourself... I try to pace myself all the time but then I run out of time to get evertything done that needs to get done. I still haven't gone xmas shopping for my wife yet as I know I'll pay for it! I thought I placed the order online but didn't so now it's off to the stores!

Oh well.. pacing does work if you are able to do it but doesn't seem to work out for me cause I run out of time each day then by the end of the week I have a LARGE to do list.

11. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

MY BLOOD PRESURE MEDS OUR SUPPOSED TO LOWER MY POTASIUM SO MAYBE. HMMMM
    UM THAT FUNNY YOU MENTIONED THE TAME THEPAIN SITE.
    I ALREADY HAVE THIS CD..LOL
    MAYBE ILL TALK WITH MY DOCTOR ABOUT IT.
    DO YOU THINK THEY WELL GIVE ME SOMETHING ELSE FOR MY PAIN OVER THE PHONE, I DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR A APPOINTMENT BEFORE CHRISTMAS? AND I DONT WANT TO BE CRYING THAT DAY EITHER. I STILL HAVE 2 REFILLS ON MY PAIN MEDS AND I COULD JUST DLB UP UNTIL THE HOLIDAY IS OVER. ANY THOUGHT ABOUT THIS WOULD BE HELPFUL.
    THANKS RONDA
    PS THANKS ALL FOR
    YOUR HELP
    [This Message was Edited on 12/19/2005]
  12. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

nancy for being thier for me again,
    I will call first thing tomorrow morning, I just get sick of exsplaining myself all the time.
    luv and prayers
    your way to hun Ronda
  13. tandy

tandy New Member

Nice meeting you :)

and so very sorry your in the same boat with me~

I truely relate to all your pain (at high levels)
    Mine is extremely high almost daily.
    My pain meds don't work but dr. won't give
    anything 'addicting'
    Someday I hope to find someone willing to listen/understand and work with me to control this beast.

Don't give up.

Sounds like your living the saqme hell as I am.
    It makes it hard to accept this DX of Fibro,
    since they say it normally is'nt that much debilitating.
    Whatever it is that I have,...its disabled me.
    and pretty much takin over my life!

wishing you loads of luck~
    I'm here if you need to chat~
    :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  14. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

tandy omg you do have what i have........................ Im trully sorry this is a beast to live with and it has completly disabled me and it has taken over my life as well..=( IM SO SORRY
    And its very disabling and debilitaing BEEN A TRUE NIGHTMARE FOR ME TOO.

Im here for you to girl..=) LOVE ONNA
    ps I was a waitress and a bartender too before i started in construction sound like we have alot in common[This Message was Edited on 12/20/2005]
  15. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

WHATS YOU DOCTOR HAVE YOU ON FOR PAIN? THAT COULD POSSIBLY HELP YOU GEEZ HOW ARE YOU COPING?AND HOW DID YOUR SYMTOMS START? JUST CURIOUS and where do you hurt??...LOL TWIENTY QUESTIONS
    [This Message was Edited on 12/20/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/20/2005]
  16. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU TOO ALL THE POSTED...=)
    AND ITS VERY NICE TO MEET YOU ALL. AND IM SORRY YOU HAVE THIS DD TOO. ITS HARD GOING THROUGH LIFE WITH THIS HORRIBLE ILLNESS I SURE HOPE SOME DAY THEIRS A CURE.BUT IM NOT HOLDING MY BREATH.LOL
  17. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

bump and i wanted you to no my nurse will be calling me back if theirs something more they can do for this pain. all let ya know how it turns out. love roll
  18. tandy

tandy New Member

finally!
    sorry,...sometimes I take a full day inbetween trips back here. I always do check in tho.
    Gosh! where do I start?? lol
    This horror started for me about 12 yrs ago.
    At first it was just "something' would be aching like hell for 2-3 weeks!! Like 1 time my shoulder was just killing me! Then that went away and my low back would hurt/with sciatica. So I'd get pains in my legs and my butt. Finally it was found by an MRI that I have disks troubles also.
    I've been thru 5 drs. (at least) so far and not 1 will treat my pain fully. They give me the milder pain meds,..which do nothing~
    At one point I even agreed to go to a pain clinic (thinking I'd get help there) NOT even there.
    They offered nothing more than I'd been getting already,other than maybe cortisone injections.
    Those I refused because 'where would I get the shots?'
    since I hurt basically all over.
    Its easier to say what does'nt hurt anymore.
    But my worse areas are my neck/upper back,shoulders.
    My one hip,low back. My legs ache so bad all the time.
    I get bad headaches. My brain feels like its sleeping (fog). I get tired after being up for 1-2 hrs.
    No matter how many hrs of sleep I get,..I'm never feeling 'alive'. I could sleep at any given time of day~
    I tire just vacuming 1 room.
    and need to rest~
    it sux,..this Fibro.!!!

Right now I get prescribed ultram for pain(make me laugh)
    tizanidine at night for muscle pain,and I just got a script for Lyrica. I have'nt even tried the lyrica yet.
    I dropped it off 3 days ago to get filled and have'nt had the energy or strength to go pick it up yet.
    Maybe tomorrow will be a good day~ ?? whatever they mean by that saying. :) lol
    my last 'good' day was yrs ago~

Thats odd that we both have simular backgrounds.
    Maybe we dealt with too many drunks!! or maybe we need to drink more!!??
    Ha!
    Do you ever try the chat room here??
    maybe we could meet sometime to chat back and forth about our interesting lives. (teehee :)
    Take care sweetie~
    I'll check back before bed tonight. (10pm) yup I said 10.
    I'm lucky to make it up that late these days~

Hugs
    Tandy

19. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

NOPE NEVER DID THE CHAT THING HERE, BUT YEAH THAT WOULD BE GREAT!
    I NO RIGHT WHERE I WOULD GET THOSE SHOTS IN MY MIDDLE BACK UGHHH
    HATE THIS DAMN DESEASE!!! THATS WHAT WE CALL IT RIGHT DD..LOL

MY PAIN STARTED IN MY ARM AND SHOULDERS WORST PAIN EVER AMAGINABLE CANT SPELL PIN AND NEEDLES WEAKNESS BIZAR CRAP

ANYWAY THIS WOULD HAPPEN EVERY TIME I GOT SICK, SOON THE PAIN WOULD LAST LONGER AND LONGER THEN IT STRUCK MY BACK I HAD WHAT FELT LIKE A LITTLE PRESURE AND BOOM THE PAIN JUST KEPT GETTING WORSE AND WORSE BURNING UNTIL IT WAS A INFERNO.

BED RIDDEN FELT LIKE SOMEONE SHOT ME...=( the burning was terrible!! SICKER THAN A DOG ALOT OF FLUE SYMTOMS TOO.

WEAKNESS IN MY ARM SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES UNGER MY ARMS

IVE HAD SO MUCH PAIN WITH ALL THIS ITS INCREDIBLE IM STILL HERE.WHAT I HATE TOO ABOUT ALL THIS IS NOBODY HAS THE SAME PAIN MINE START OUT USEUALLY MORNING AND GET WORSE AT NIGHT AND OTHER THAN OCATIONAL ARM AND SHOULDER PAIN.MY PAIN IS CONSTENTLY NAWING IN MY BACK.

ITS EITHER STINGING BURNING OR THE WHOLE MUSCLE FEEL VERY SORE AND ACHEY FROM MY WAIST LINE TO MY SHOULDER BLADE.

ALL THIS PAIN MAKES ME REALLY TIRED TOO AND I HATE WHEN I GET NAUSIATED THINGS GET SO BAD! WELL IM HURTING NEED TO MOVE. HUGS ROLL
  20. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I thought that I had read that Jerry Lewis had a pain pump that is surgically implannted in his abdomen and it delives a seet amout of narcotic pain meds right in to the spine. There is no whay for hom to increase the odage of the pain pump so if it is not doing as well as it once was then when you sell you doctor the next visit he ill add a bigger dieage to the pain pump.

I have ben toldl that it is the best there is and it helps you to be more pain free as the meds inter through a small cather that has been inplanted in to your spine where the meds driplike a dirp soaker hose and it goes in to the spianl fluid. and from what I have heard it works great very costly though but it has shown great help with the people who liiive with it each day. they think that it works well the best that there is.

IF I had teh $20,000 + I ouwld have the test run too so I could see if they woule work that way and if they did help me and ease the apin in my back I would have the pain pumg installed asap and hopefully would be pain free.

Just my 2 cents I reallly thought tha the had htis procduere of having]this pain pump instaaled into the spineial clum and in to it's fluid so have the pump drip like a soaler hose and you wil have lessss er aamount of pain and i would like o see the researh grow on it so that one day it my become the thing to do soe that your pain is under contril.
    I HOpe that is what he had donne

[ advertisement ]