Pain so bad feeling useless

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jakeg, Jun 9, 2006.

1. jakeg

jakeg New Member

The pain has been so bad for the past 2 months that I feel useless and unable to do anything and the worst part of it is that I can hardly walk anymore. I've lost my appetite and just want to sleep all the time. In the past 2 days I've slept almost 18 hrs out of each day.

How can a flare last this long or have my symptoms just gotten worse or has CFS set in on top of FM??? This flare or what ever it is started in march or April and has been a constant. Even after my rheumy has increased my pain meds then pain just won't let up. They seemed to help at first but I'm right where I started again.

Just trying to move and typing this has taken away all of my energy and hasn't helped the pain either, but at least I feel a little better for righting it down.

So frustrated with this and have to stop now.

Jake
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Flares are no fun. I know...I'm in one also.

I went to my doc yesterday and he changed some of my meds. It is helping some, and I hope it will continue to get better.

Talk to your doc. Let him know how bad you feel. Maybe there is something he can do to help. I always call my doc when I need help. The communication lets him know what I need, and keeps my records up-to-date. That way, no matter what happens, my records will corroborate whatever I say.

I hope you feel better soon. Remember, no matter what, you are a valuable member of society...and of this board!

You are not disabled...you are challenged! Remember that!

God Bless.
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Sorry you are in so much pain.

I go through this most of the time as well. In fact I am surprised on the rare day that I actually feel a bit better.

I wish I had an answer as to why it hurt's so much and why med's help one time but not another.

I struggle with the same thing.

Sometimes i know what will make my pain worse, and sometimes it get's worse and I have no reason as to why.

Just remember that it will get better. Your body must need the sleep, so go with it. it is trying to heal.

Eat healthy food and take your supplement's if you do that, so while you sleep your body has the right nutrient's to do some repairing.

I pray you get some relief soon. Hang in there.

best wishes,
    Claudia
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Jakeg:

I get like that and force myself to get out of bed and stay awake til nightime. Sometimes that seems inpossible, but I do end up in a chair. Then I go online, etc. My doc said he did not want me sleeping during the day.

I just wanted to post that for your benefit and also to say I am flaring today and it is just Day 1---I know how it feels.

nyrofan
  5. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

Gentle hugs to you. I know how you feel, as I've been like that for almost a year now.

Concentrate on what you CAN do, as small as it may be.

I pray you get some relief soon.
  6. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

I am so very sorry for what you are going through right now and hope this will pass quickly so that you can get on with your life. It takes someone who has the same thing and experiences the same awful pain to understand just how terrible this is.

It's so debilitating physically and emotionally. We want to be active members of our families and we can't from time to time. I hope yours will be supportive. I have a wonderful husband and you have stated in your profile that your wife is great too. We are very lucky as this is really unusual from what I read here.

Don't give up. I wish you the best and hope your pain will go away----at lease lessen so you can tolerate it.
    If we all only had a pain free day now and then wouldn't that be wonderful? Maybe.......

Fondly,

Arlene
    [This Message was Edited on 06/09/2006]