Pain so bad you have nausea?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twinkles49, Aug 25, 2006.

1. twinkles49

twinkles49 New Member

Hello!

Does anyone have pain so bad that it causes nausea and sometimes vomiting?

I've been in a terrible flair for a couple of weeks now.

Then a couple of days ago the pain was so bad I was throwing-up over and over. I found as long as I didn't move, just stayed still the nausea wasn't so bad. Then yesterday it was better. Also dizzy a lot too.

Today I really am noticing that I'm better able to handle the pain, but again, if I move to do to much, such as getting dressed, the pain intensifies and the nausea starts back up.

I'm also so weak I can't stand up more then a min or so before I feel like I'm going to fall on my face.

I've wondered if I have a virus of some sort or am I'm just getting worse with the fibro and such.

I've called in sick to work yesterday and today. Acutally thinking on not going back ever. Will talk with my doc on this Monday but that is going away from what I'm talking about.

I've been wanting to post more but can't sit at the puter more then a few mins. This is all so very frustrating.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks, Twinks

PS I do take timed released pain meds and have breakthrough pills. But they aren't helping to much right now.
  2. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I have had it like this. Makes it all seem so much worse. I expecially have bad pain near my period and feel sick to my stomach because the pain is so bad. I try and take something as soon as it starts but that isn't always possible when I am working and the pain starts. I feel better if I can lay down and not move. Thankfully this doesn't happen all the time.
  3. PolarBear

PolarBear New Member

Hi Twinks,

I also have problems with pain that is so intense that it makes me feel naseous at times. It is nooo fun!! I am also on a time-released med with breakthrough meds and there are days when it doesn't seem to help much. I don't know about you, but I'm always in pain, it just varies from day to day how intense the pain is. For example, there are days I can barely move. I have to make myself get out of bed. I don't shower (just wash up, otherwise pu! hee hee) and sit or lay around. I know I'm having a tough day when I cannot get on the computer and come here and check out the posts!

It has been so frustrating for me. I used to be very active. I'm only 46 and I feel 80 most days. I had been feeling a bit better, but then I fell down some stairs and I have been having a time of it since. That has been almost 7 weeks ago now. The doc says it is going to take my body longer to heal because of my illnesses. Great!

You know, there has been a stomach bug going around. My family and I had it about 2 weeks ago and it seems to hang on. You feel a bit better, then it comes back. I felt a lot more pain while this was happening. My son also had a lot of muscle aches.

Your not going back to work may be a very good thing . . . I finally had to give up my career, my body refused to cooperate any more. I got so bad that all I could do is sit at my desk and cry. Taking a medical retirement has been the best thing I could have done. I actually had no choice, but it has been a blessing in disguise.

I hope I have helped . . . it is so tough when you feel so lousy.

Gentle (Bear) Hugs,
    PolarBear
  4. twinkles49

twinkles49 New Member

Thanks for you comments!

Yes I do have pain 24/7 and it is the same. Intensity goes from low to high. Sometimes in seconds it seems.

I did decide that I'm not going back to work. I was working at the hospital with a boss born to make everyone miserable especially those that have medical problems. Anyways, 20 hrs a week. Doing the books for my husband's business, selling on ebay and the house and..and...and..

Something had to give! So i picked the hospital. I've got 5 weeks of time coming, going to use it with my docs help. And then file for disabilty.

Again thanks so much for the prayers and comments. They really help!

Twinks
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Twinks:

I have been throwing up all day from what I believe is from food I had delivered: eggplant parm.

I have been sick to my stomach all day today and can not even look at food.

Like you, all I can do is sit and wait it out. The minute I do something I get nauseous.

Maybe that's all we can do. I know there are OTC products, but I think I will just tough it out and hopefully tomorrow will bring a better day.

And yes, my pain is extra miserable today.

nyrofan
  6. twinkles49

twinkles49 New Member

I do take the acidopolis but didn't when I was so nauseated. If it happens again I'll try to go ahead and take it..see if it helps.

I really think it was a the stress of everything compounding too.

I'm so thankful that today it better.
  7. jake123

jake123 New Member

Had a spell this week. Nausea first. It went away with one Relpax and one Phenergan. The next day I forgot to take meds and my head was doing spins and flips. It was scary. A couple of hours later I realized that I had forgotten to take my Topamax. Even though it was 1:00 I went ahead and took the pills. It stopped the dizzy brain flips.
  8. PVLady

PVLady New Member

When you are have symptoms of nausea, vomiting, it could also be gallbladder disease. I have a problem with indigestion, gastritis, and was recently diagnosed with gallstones.

It takes a ten minute test to check your gallbladder, (the test is a ultrasound).

I was so sick a few months ago I went to the emergency room. They gave me IV fluids for dehydration and anti-nausea meds.