Pain so severe, felt like cutting my abdomen open!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by destinygsmom, Mar 29, 2011.

1. destinygsmom

destinygsmom New Member

Besides my Mitochondria failure, I've a sed rate that's 160; yet they haven't found any infection or inflammation, but I have complained over the last 3 years of getting worse & worse pain felt under the edges of my ribcage! Pain pressure so bad that I fell like taking a scapula & cutting it open to relieve the pressure..

Well, I was getting super desparate for relief from this terrible terrible pain; & I found these pain patches that are only close to $4 for 40 patches at Walmart that are called- SALONPAS

Boy do they work, when placed right over were the pain is at; the relief lasts for about 4 hours time even though it appears at first like I'm allergic to the patches because it gets really hot feeling like it's pulling a great amount of heat up to the surface to the patch, so my skin gets bright pink from them but permitting the little bit of discomfort from feeling like my skin is initially being burnt is NOTHING, compared to the pain I feel when I haven't been able to use anything but oral pain pills! Which by the way, did nothing for that pain there! These SALONPAS patches from walmart do wonders, since they've cut off our being able to get any cavities filled in our teeth, I've got bad tooth pain aches that I've found these patches really produce pain relief for also by placing the patch right over where your ache is upon your cheeks or jawbone that's over where the infected tooth or teeth or at!

REMEMBER - They are called SALONPAS and found at Walmart

2. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Do I ever understand that feeling!

Then I have those days that I hurt so bad, and someone with a smart mouth runs it off, and makes fibro sound like, "oh it cant be that bad".

Hugs to you, and everyone. I might not be able to hug without a lot of pain, but the thought is there!

3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

I saw these on tv and wondered if I should give them a try,now I will. Thanks! Have they ever talked to you about costocondroitis pain? The rib thing your describing kinda sound like it could be that.

I have it and it can be excruciating! It may also be the reason for the sed rate,its inflammation. So it might explain that. Have they checked your rheumatoid factors in your blood??? Just a thought. Thanks again for the tip on the pain patches

4. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

I have lost your e mails. So please e mail me back again, I'll give you my number.sorry it took me so long to get back to you. My uncle passed away so it's been hectic here

5. destinygsmom

destinygsmom New Member

Costococondroitis pain, interesting; I'll have my doctor check it out, do you remember if their was specific tests for it? Or is that done by just checking those rheumatoid factors?

I swear that I was just about ready to slice my stomach open, these patches are really miracle working yet cheap patches.. Try them, then let me know how they work for you! My first names, Shari.

Check out my other posting posted for today..
  6. destinygsmom

destinygsmom New Member

This came as a reply to one of my postings, not to one of Julie's postings! I just got in trouble from the site administrator's, posting you my email address because you'd made me think that doing so was ok because of your post to me rather than to Julie that stated this!

I've lost your emails. So please e mail me back again, I'll give you my number. sorry it took me so long to get back to you. My uncle passed away so it's been hectic here

I'm really sorry to hear that he'd passed away, but I was also warned that we're not to give phone numbers or any other contact information; so did you get away with doing it with Julie, or what? I just deleted my message, I'd sent back to you; so this message is being posted, instead of the one that I had to delete!

destinygsmom [I have CFS/FM]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/30/2011]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/30/2011]
  7. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

The subject line of Kat's post was "Julie". It sounds like Kat and Julie email each other privately, therefore, they weren't posting any personal information to this board.
  8. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

My sister-in-law has FM and developed Costococondroitis several years ago. Some people only have it for a short period of time, and, sadly, others get it long term. It is inflammation of the ribs. Unfortunately, people with FM are more prone to getting it than the general population. I don't know that there is specifically a test for it, rather that it is diagnosed by symptoms.
  9. destinygsmom

destinygsmom New Member

This website managers sent the message to my email inbox, not to Julie's!
  10. destinygsmom

destinygsmom New Member

It is confusing to me because their message is posted in the replies to my posted Topic, thus I thought those posted replies were replies to my topic posted!
  11. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Sorry that post made you think it was ok, I got in trouble for that also.I had to take a post off myself, so no ones playin faves on here.

I had privately e mailed Julie, but lost her addy,so I thought I'd try and get hold of her on the post.

Sorry again if i got you in trouble, with my foggy brain, I can't remember things very well, including addresses :/

Don't know if costocondroitis will make your sed rate go up or not. But it sure sounds like it may.
    I have it and my sed rate is up from time to time. Something to look into.but if that's what it is, only time, heat and plenty of not doing much of anything will help.

12. destinygsmom

destinygsmom New Member

Thanks kat for the reply, I've been crying because of the individuals who keep calling everything that I've said to be lies when I know I haven't lied! I've felt abused by certain people, who've kept saying what I say are lies; I have medical background myself, & people can be so cruel when they just are plain out refusing to want to accept information that comes out upon new conditions found, testing done, because if everyone was like that we'd all be dead from small pox, etc. because we'd all have refused to take the vaccine that had been found to be an effective treatment for all those who were dying from small pox! My condition is real! Before I'd sent the money to pay for the test kit to be sent from Dr. Myhill's office, I'd checked out her credentials as a doctor; she checked out to be ok, so did her office! I have her GMC number, & business # for her office; which is what, I'd checked out! Plus several of my doctors have had classes that Dr. Myhill had also attended, & knew her work! I know that one shouldn't put down what really works, the treatment regime for making energy (it's not a cure for the Mitochondria failure) really works!

I appreciate a good listener, & enjoy hearing what works for others conditions also! Thanks!
  13. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Shari, no one has said that you lied. We did question a few claims that you made. As I explained in an earlier post last week - what works for one person does not always work for someone else. Some people do well on Dr. Pall's protocol; others don't. Some people do well doing Rich Van K's protocol; others don't. Some people do well doing the Marshall protocol; other's don't. That applies to Dr. Myhill's protocol also. Works for some--not for others.

It's great that Dr. Myhill's treatment is giving YOU energy. However, just remember that there are many people that didn't get favourable results with the same treatment. I'm sure that once CFS is better understood, it will turn out that different treatments will work for different sub-sets of this illness.
  14. gapsych

gapsych New Member

So sorry for what you have been going through. We can all relate to what it's like experiencing this DD.

IMHO, you are perceiving differences in opinion as calling you a liar. I don't read the posts that way. If they upset you don't give the posts that power over you. Accept them for what they are. Different opinions. I've learned so much from hearing people's experiences and what works for one person may not for another.

As far as Myhill, that is a whole other story I won't get into now.

Take care.