Pain Specialist

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srh, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. srh

    srh New Member

    I'm have an appt with a pain specialist this week. Do any of you go to one?
    My GP is really nice and trys to help. but i think he's afraid of giving me anything stronger for pain than Darvocet. Otherwise he gives me enough stuff to sleep and for my RLS.
    What do you think?
  2. kdeenak

    kdeenak New Member

    He helped me immensely. He gave me trigger point injections in my back and shoulders and seemed to really understand fibro more than any other doctor I ever saw. He gave me different meds to try and was willing to help and to listen.

    I moved away when I got married, so I live too far away to see him now.

    They tend to deal with a lot of fibro patients so they know how we hurt generally, so I think it is a good choice.



[ advertisement ]