Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cmt49829, Jun 28, 2008.

1. cmt49829

cmt49829 New Member

anyone else find this as part of this DD?
    especially in the morning my fingers hurt so bad I can hardly move them and they swell often also.

maybe Im just being extra sensitive right now.. I was so hoping the summer weather would bring some relief but instead it has brought me a horrible flare up.

2. tulaloo

tulaloo New Member

swell, in the morning and at other random times during the day. Also my toes swell and hurt. I have developed raynauds, where your fingers and toes turn colours and hurt in response to the cold. I thought it might have something to do with this. I also have a rash of red spots on the top of my foot and my g.p says this is from raynauds. I bought a parafin wax bath and it is feels heavenly when my hands are hurting.
  3. JohnThreeSixteen

JohnThreeSixteen New Member

I've also had painful hands and fingers. Mine were swollen yesterday while I was trying to peal potatoes and they wouldn't bend how I wanted them to. Once I pruned a tree and the next day, Yowie! This was before I was diagnosed with Fibro. Once I tried to pick up a few nails on a table, and I couldn't get my fingers to bend right! It was more like I clawed them off the table, lol.
  4. 3sa

3sa New Member

My fingers seem to stay swollen. I can't wear my wedding ring. The minute I put it on my finger swells , and I have trouble getting it off. I wake they are so sore. I try to drive they go numb. It's crazy.
  5. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

mine swell up so big i can't bend them. they hurt and i can't use them. mine also go numb sometimes. same with the toes.

my hands and fingers hurt in the cold and they hurt and swell in the heat. seems like we just can't win.

6. kriket

kriket New Member

I am a massage therapist and my fingers sometimes get very stiff and sore feeling. It feels as if they do not want to bend.
  7. wanderingbluedragon

wanderingbluedragon New Member

I was starting to wonder if I was a hypochondriac. I am getting to the point that I can hardly use my hands any more. My fingers are swollen like sausages on most days and my knuckles and first joints (the ones immediately after the knuckles) hurt so bad I can barely straighten my fingers some days. My worst time is in the evening all though I have a hard time holding anything that is even slightly heavy and I can't open lids very well.
    They also get worse with use; the more I use em, the worse they get. My fingers will lock in to position if I'm holding a bowl or cup for any length of time.

You are so not extra sensitive, I'm there with ya.

8. tulaloo

tulaloo New Member

Blue, my fingers are exactly like yours. They get worse the more I use them and I almost have to pry my hands open with the other hand when I hold something. Really weird. My large knuckles are always swollen & sore too.
  9. emah

emah Member

My fingers swell up in the morning and sometimes my feet. I can't hold my coffee cup right away which is a major issue(must have my coffee:)

Sometimes during the day they decide to swell for no apparent reason and it is painful. The other thing is my hands shake from time to time.

This DD is a trip. It seems there is always some new symptom showing up. My handwriting has become awful.

Just wanted you to know you are not alone.
  10. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

My fingers swell up terribly. So yes I think it is part of this DD.

11. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I have the same problem. I thought it was because I quit taking my diruetics because I was SOOOOOOO tired of peeing, but was puzzled when I took them for relief and it didn't get better. Just more 'fun and games'!
  12. charming

charming New Member

I see we are all together on this my hands and wrist swell and my elbow even hurts My doctor I had once took x-rays they were so puffy .it seem the more I work and the more I move they swell up.
  13. erinwilburn

erinwilburn New Member

I have done some looking into this and I did learn that 90% of arthritis sarta in the hands with swelling. My SED rate is just a little elevated and Dr thinks I could be dealing with arthritis in my hands. Sadly it is possible to have both RA and FM. I am dx with both but so far FM gives me more trouble. I never hurts to get checked.
  14. cmt49829

cmt49829 New Member

not that any of my physcial pain has lessened, but just knowing someone out there KNOWS how I feel and cares makes my heart smile a lot.

I am going to wisconsin on the 15th to see a new rheumy, as mine retired and I havent seen one in a couple years, this one is supposed to be good too.

the past couple years my PCP has just been treating my pain and we've tried a few meds but I feel its time for a rheumy visit. maybe he'll have some new wonder cure for me... haha