Pain that comes and goes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by saral1974, Apr 12, 2010.

1. saral1974

saral1974 New Member

I was recently diagnose with FM so it is all new to me. Does anyone else have periods of time where the pain is quite bad and then all of a sudden you feel better for another period of time?? I am talking sometimees from 1 hour to the next?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Sorry to hear about you have FM,but welcome to the board.

This is one of the challenges of this disease. Its a rollercoaster ride of up one min down the next. Yes its "normal" to go from fine to not fine even within an hr. I can go from ok to not ok in mins.

Learning to pace yourself is key. Don't push til you crash kind of thing. Are you on any meds? Managing your pain and sleep is key also.

Some days are worse than others. Weather changes can also effect you. There is lots of good info on this board.

take care
  3. saral1974

saral1974 New Member

I actually sleep quite well (or at least think I do). Not currently on any meds other than some muscle relaxers at night and OTC pain relievers as needed. The weather has been up and down here so I am sure that is part of it. How do you not focus on every little pain? Every time something different hurts I feel like it is something really bad when it is just the FM (I assume).
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

It does become a juggling act. When is the FM when should I have it cked out.
    Have you read any books on this? The library here is great. click on research,news&articles. also read the posts. Everything you can imagine is being asked.

It's hard not to focus on the pain and worry when you are new to this. It does sound like the weather is affecting you right now. If it seems unusally talk to your doc.
  5. saral1974

saral1974 New Member

Thank you for the advice. Good to know I am not alone!