pain to the head

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by moi482001, Aug 23, 2012.

1. moi482001

moi482001 Member

On Monday morning, I woke up with considerable pain to my head. The top of my head hurt and was painful to touch. It is now thursday and the pain is not palpable but is very present. It feels like a numbing headache all the time and of course I am very tired.

Does anyone know what this is? Did this come about because of a very bad flare?
  2. Nikki

Nikki Member

I've had pain in my head lots of times. My head pain is more like soft bumps on the scalp with lots of pain when I touch or brush my hair. It usually happens during a bad fibro flare and is also accompanied by CFS.

Sometimes I have numbing headaches and sometimes not. But, the pain is there.

I just always assumed it was part of the fibro.

You're not alone . . .

soft hugs.............sharon

3. pamelakc

pamelakc New Member

I also have the soft bumps on my head but mine seems to always be there. Not just during a fibro flare. I think it is just part of fibro

Gentle Hugs Pamela
  4. pamelakc

pamelakc New Member

I also have the soft bumps on my head but mine seems to always be there. Not just during a fibro flare. I think it is just part of fibro

Gentle Hugs Pamela
  5. pamelakc

pamelakc New Member

Gentle Hugs Pamela
  6. iamnotlazynorcrazy

iamnotlazynorcrazy New Member

MOI
    I was told that this is called myofascial (pain) and that is another symptom of fibro. My pain/pressure gets so bad that I feel like if I could just slice the top of my scalp it would relieve the pain. I get a type of massage called "myofascial release" but it doesn't always help. I also put a huge ice pack on my head which helps temporarily.
  7. moi482001

moi482001 Member

for all your replies. Just have to live with this.