Pain Today...Turned Waterbed Temp Down a Bit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SusanEU, Jul 3, 2006.

1. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I woke in so much pain today for the first time in a while.

Couldn't figure out why, sleep wasn't too bad, but then I remembered, I turned down the temp in my waterbed.

It's been so hot and I only turned it down a few degrees, but my poor body couldn't take it.

Anybody that has a waterbed....don't ever turn down your temperature!

Take Care,
    Sue in Ontario
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

You got that one right! I have a water bed, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I got one of those new 100% waveless matressess for mine. My bed frame is a four poster frame, so it doesn't even look like the older waterbeds. But anyway, the heat feels so good on my sore muscles! You absolutely can not turn the heat down and let the cold set up in the water. It will set into your muscles also! Don't turn it way up, find a even temperature. I like to keep mine a little on the warm side even in the summer and keep a fan blowing on me and the air conditioner on, haha!
    Take Care!
    Kellyann
  3. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

at the beginning of the summer i couldn't figure out why i was in so much more pain in the mornings, then i realized i turned down the temperature on my waterbed. i can't turn it back up because my husband gets way to warm, but i really miss having the heater on the bed up, it makes such a big difference that i can't wait for winter. i wouldn't trade my bed for any other. it's cold here in chicago most of the year so this isn't a problem, most of the year the waterbed is such a great help it's like sleeping on a full body heating pad. my bed is even one of the big old tack wood ones from the late seventies that i got from a family member, totally retro and i love it!
    rachel
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

for you all. I can't even walk if I try sleeping in one...although I do use an electric blanket when it cold just not now too hot. It isn't it amazing how different we all are with these DD's?

Thanks,

Karen
  5. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Ahh... I can not sleep in a water bed...I can not get out of it..and leaves me in pain. I know alot of people love them.

I used to use an electric blanket in winter as a kid...I read that appliances that have magnetic fields can do all kinds of things.

I tried one last December and I know I could feel the current running through me...I am not crazy, I really did. I do love the heat though...glad you all can use them.
    Cindy
  6. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I absolutely love my bed. I even tried an adjustable and went back to the waveless waterbed.

I'm so surprised that a couple of degress would make such a difference.

Kellyann- that's what I do too, turn it up and have a fan on me all night.

Rachael- I guess there are some advantages to sleeping alone...lol

Sue in Ontario

[ advertisement ]