Pain type question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cosmo220, Jul 24, 2006.

1. cosmo220

cosmo220 New Member

Hi all.

I've been a member for awhile but haven't had time to devote to my fibro issues as I've been dealing with other medical issues. So while I've been diagnosed with CFIDS/Fibro I don't know a lot about it.

I have a question about some pretty severe leg pain I've been having (in addition to all the other pain, of course :).

It's in the midsection of my left thigh. When not walking its sore but tolerable. When I walk, it's severe and hits me suddenly causing my leg to give out. It feels like a long blade of a knife has been placed across my thigh (perpendictular) and then pushed into my leg. Sharp pain, causing me to yelp!

Is this fibro pain?

I've tried looking through past posting but didn't come up with anything this specific.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Cosmo
  2. jjdg

jjdg New Member

The best way i was able to explain my pain was it feels like my bones are rotting from the inside out
    Janet
  3. cosmo220

cosmo220 New Member

Thanks for responding to my post.

I should clarify my question by asking if anyone has experienced anything similar, as it seems like an odd type of pain, but it may be a normal occurrence with fibro.

You're right in saying that the docs don't even know.

Cosmo

4. cosmo220

cosmo220 New Member

Hi Janet,

You described your pain as the bones rotting from the inside out. Do you have bone pain as well? Luckily, I don't think I do. By your description it sounds like that dull, constant, aching pain that I always have in the background of the sharp pain.

What do you do to releive it?

Cosmo
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

many of us get these knife stabbing pain not just in our legs but in my shoulders also. It seems like mine will last for months very painful .Then they go away for months .I have no idea what causes this.

I beiieve its fibo pain.But I donot know for sure.
  6. cosmo220

cosmo220 New Member

Thank you! I've had so many things going on with various diagnosed things that I don't know what symptom to attribute to what anymore. I have to say I feel better now knowing that other fibro sufferers share the same type of symptoms.

Cosmo
  7. cosmo220

cosmo220 New Member

Thank you so much! I appreciate that you added the prior posting information as well. The information about the book is great as I haven't even begun to assemble reading/research material yet.

I've saved the information! It's been very helpful.

Cosmo

[ advertisement ]