Pain Unbearable

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BabsFl, May 6, 2003.

1. BabsFl

BabsFl New Member

Haven't been on in a few days! Don't look like I am going to make it today either!! The pain in my hips is unbearable!! For some reason anythng I try does not work!! If anyone has any advice let me know! Pray for me, I hope this is not something that is going to hang around. Maybe just a flare I have been under alot of stress lately!Have you ever hurt so bad it makes you nausous? (Spelling)
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sorry you are in so much pain! If you have someone there with you, I can tell you a quick fix, but you may need some help.

Take a bath in;

3 large bottles of peroxide (regular kind)
    3 cups of Epson Salts

In a tub of very warm water. Soak for TWENTY MINUTES ONLY. This will make you feel weak when you get out of the tub. So be sure to go to bed for awhile afterwards. It will relieve the pain for a goodnights rest. Not a cure, but it really helps.

Trying putting a heating pad on the hip/painful area. Heat is the only thing that seems to help with Fibro pain.

Sure hope you are feeling better soon.

You need to get a 'wireless mattress heating pad', they are just wonderful for the pain. They are sold at Penny's, Sear's, and Wal-Mart. Also online.

Take care, and let us know how you are doing.

Shalom, Shirl

PS, this bath is also good to relieve stress, and you MUST try to get the stress out of your life! Stress causes pain for us.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/06/2003]
  3. jka

jka New Member

i have the same kind of pain in my lower back and hips.i soak in a warm bath with epson salt and peroxide for 30 min.it helps some. i also use a product that has emu oil,msm aloe and menthol in it.it helps alot.i use that onany joint pain.hopes this helps.
    kathy c
  4. BabsFl

BabsFl New Member

Thanks, This was great info and a big help! I am back on!! The pain isn't as severe as it was, I am very thankful for that. I do have alot of stress right now, fighting for disability,husband only income,Dad's downhill sliding with lung cancer and wants and needs alot of attention and for some reason he wants it to be me, not my mom not my brothers me. This is everyday and as you know most days it's hard to take care of yourself so I have to push my body pass the limit because he means the world to me and I want him to be happy and comfortable while he is here. There are other stress factors right now to so I think that has alot to do with it. Well I think I am done whining now.lol I really am glad I found this place and found some support that was greatly needed!! Thanks for all the good advice!!!

Hugs, Barb
  5. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I'm so sorry you're in pain and have so much stress! I know how you feel - my FMS started with pain in my hips and that's my "weak" spot. The last time I had that severe pain I had my doctor refer me for physical therapy. The PT used hot packs on me (wonderful) and showed me exercises to do. That really helped and now when my hips hurt I can do the exercises at home. The other thing I do when my hips hurt is walk. I know - when you're in pain you don't want to move! But I find that by stretching those muscles it really releases the tension and relieves the pain. I walk on a treadmill, and if I'm in a lot of pain only walk for 5-10 minutes. But it does help. There's no reason why you should suffer. I hope this helps you!

Annette2

P.S. - The hot baths helps the pain and the stress!!!!

[ advertisement ]