Pain under left rib

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Stephen Gorham, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Stephen Gorham

Stephen Gorham New Member

For about a year now I have had a kind of pressure that starts on the left side of my head and goes down my neck and into my left shoulder which constantly tingles. The pressure then goes down the left side of my back and around the flank and under my left rib. I have had all the tests which have come back negative and my doctor says it's muscle pain. If I lay on my left side in bed it feels as though I am laying on a tennis ball, however my Doctor says that if I had a lump the size of a tennis ball he would be able to feel it but there is nothing there. About two years ago I was in a really bad place with pain in my ears, eyes, sinuses, jaw, neck plus difficulty swallowing and the sensation of something stuck in my throat. I got rid of most of these problems by having my Atlas vertebra adjusted but I am left with the aforementioned problem. I get the feeling that there is a knot somewhere in my upper left neck and if I could just undo it everything would relax. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
  2. spacee

spacee Member

I have gotten a lot of help with pain down my right neck, shoulder (not the lump feeling though) through wearing a device made by my dentist to stop me from grinding my teeth. Cost $100.

Also, heated pool helps with my pain.

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Have you seen a chiropractor?

When my back goes out, I can't walk. A chiropractic adjustment gets me
    back on my feet. The orthopedist just prescribes pain pills and orders x rays.

Hope you find something.