Pain under the left arm

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by furstc, Sep 29, 2002.

1. furstc

furstc New Member

Hi everyone: has anyone experienced sharp nasty pains and dull aches under the left arm pit, and where the under arm meets with the chest. Pain radiates in the left arm. Either on the back side of the arm, or a different type of pain in the hand bones and fingers of the left arm....

Does it have to do with the heart, it is definitely not a muscle pain or nerve pain, but then who knows???? I have this since April this year???

Thanks for your replies. furstc.
  2. furstc

furstc New Member

Hi everyone: has anyone experienced sharp nasty pains and dull aches under the left arm pit, and where the under arm meets with the chest. Pain radiates in the left arm. Either on the back side of the arm, or a different type of pain in the hand bones and fingers of the left arm....

Does it have to do with the heart, it is definitely not a muscle pain or nerve pain, but then who knows???? I have this since April this year???

Thanks for your replies. furstc.
  3. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

I have the sharp and dull pain under my left arm also. It is also very tender to the touch. My doctor says it is the lymph nodes that are under there and that it goes along with the chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome. But you should still have it checked out, because not everyone's pain is the same thing.

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  4. sean

sean New Member

No pain under armpit as yet, but pain in arm, hand, and fingers, mainly the left, are fairly frequent, you would be suprised how many symptom you can get.
  5. furstc

furstc New Member

Thanks for your replies.

I have given up going to my GP (primary physician). Whenever I did go, I was told not too worry or sent around for a series of blood tests. The slightly abnormal, I was told, not to worry, apparently half of the population have also these abnormalities.

What do we do - whenever we have new pains and new symptoms adding up to the old ones. I have learnt now just to put up with them and sharing any info of message boards. They have proved very useful and comforting.....
    Regards. Chantal
  6. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

I have had, for years, a constant soreness under my left armpit, toward my elbow and into my breast. I feel knots which are probably swollen glands and it is sore even to the slightest of touches. It has often radiated above my collarbone and around to my shoulder blade.
  7. hope4

hope4 New Member

I'm so glad you asked this question. I've been having pain under my left arm for months now. I've noticed that at certain times it is worse than others. The pain does extend to my chest area, causing my left breast to be painful and swollen. I wasn't sure what was going on. Now that I know that others are having the same symptoms, it does put my mind at ease. However, I'm still going to schedule a mammogram to rule out other possible problems. We women should be getting these at least once a year anyway, if we are over 40.

Thanks for your information
  8. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I too experienced what you were talking about. Mine started out in my left shoulder blade. I have a severe spasm one night and by the next morning I hurt under my LEFT arm, arm pit, and one the left side of my breast. It was horrible pain. It took awhile for it to completely subside. I still get very sore under my arm from time to time.

Crissie
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dr. Cheney says to take one of those foam "noodles" to the pool and just hang in the deep end. The pressure from the water will massage the lymph nodes and cause them to drain. I made a circle of my noodle with a connector and just place it under my chin. This allows the lymph nodes in my underarm area to benefit. Those of y'all who don't live down here in the jungle would have to find an indoor pool in the winter.

Love, Mikie
  10. KLynn

KLynn New Member

hey,

i do not have cfs or fm but......i do have under arm tenderness and soreness...i am so glad i read this post because it has had me worried for some time now, i also have a weird growth thingy behind my left ear....it hurts to touch and feels like the size of a pea is hard and doesnt move... anyone have this too?

~KLynn

[ advertisement ]