Pain when crying?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marmay35050, Feb 22, 2006.

1. marmay35050

marmay35050 New Member

Hi, I had a much needed soobing cry tonight, but in the middle of it, my 2 points at the base of my skull began to ache terribly! Have done a lot of crying but this had never happened before. Anyone else have this?
    Thanks, Marlene
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I avoid crying because it hurts my face. It blocks my right sinus and results in a lot of face pain. I have been this way for years.

If it means anything, the points at the base of my skull are my worst tender/trigger points. When pressure is applied to the one on the right the pain radiates behind my eye and down my jaw.

you still might want to mention it to your doc. I'm glad you had a good cry - those can be soul-healing. (though, I'm sorry a cry was needed.)

Sofi
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    I am so sorry you were crying. It makes me hurt everywhere to cry. I hope whatever it was that made you cry is now resolved! You poor thing! I will say a special prayer for you tonight.

)))))HUGS(((((
    Kellyann
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I get a suffocating feeling when my sinuses fill up. Otherwise, a sore throat and hoarse voice the next day. When I'm having an all-out cry, I scream too, really let go. Better to have all the tears out than hanging on inside me.

Did your head feel better when you stopped, or did the pain keep going?

(((hugs))) Shannon