Pain worse in and morning? or Evening?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanna4550, Feb 4, 2006.

1. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I keep reading about FM symptoms and the most disturbing one for me is the claim that the pain and stiffness is worse in the morning.

Is this what you experience?

or are you like me- the pain is progressively worse as the day goes on (and depends on how much I am on my feet).

Thanks for your imput.
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

My mornings are always terrible!! I wake up slowly...aching, stiff... and then it is hard to walk on my feet.

They hurt so bad.

I have gained some weight ...but not that much...so it can't be that.

I think that it has alot to do with so much pain during the night.

I must talk to doc....if this flare doesn't let up soon.

If the pain level is not bad...my nights are much better.

Mari

3. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

My pain get worse through out the day most of the time. But somedays I wake up in extreme pain to begin with but I still get worse as the day goes on. Hope this helps answer your question. Gentle hugs Pamela
  4. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I have found that I hurt most of the day. I am not the morning person, I will wake up around 5 am with pain so I will take my pain meds and go back to sleep so by the time I wake up it is around noon. That is ok now as my family of 3 girls are grown up .

My pain depends on what I am doing and how warm or cold it is. Like right now it is late and I am awake and hurting and it is cold out here as it just snowed then froze.
    I get up early when I have to like going to my doctors appt. My girls think it is funny when I said my doctors appt was early in the morning at 10:30 am , I got told that early is before 8 am . After that it is just morning. I do try and get the house cleaned up but I have learned that it takes me more than a day to do it, if I rush at it then I pay for it.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Rosemarie

5. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I don't sleep well because of pain.When I wake up sometimes I am a bit stiff.But come the evening and my body gets really mad at me for overdoing it,which is really just normal stuff,I hurt so bad.My husband is always telling me to be careful..."You know you are gonna be in the bed if you don't slow down".He is right.Now this doesn't mean I don't hurt in the morning.SOme days I hurt all day.All night and all day.And we all know that is the most awful time for us.I have to say there is always a degree of pain but I am use to the low grade pain.And when I am feeling ok,which means I am not in the bed dying,I am busy and going wide open.I hate sitting still.But we can't help it when our bodies just give out on us.FM/CFS is a mystery and so unpredictable.

Sheila
  6. angelstarr

angelstarr New Member

How it affects us all differently?

My most terrible time is in the morning due to the RA.. That is why I chose to change my shift to 3-11. that way if I don't sleep well I can catch a cat nap.

However, as my day at work progresses..... ( I am a nurse) By 8pm I am dragging and need to take a pill or drink a cup a coffee to make it through the rest of the shift. then I create another delimma because I cannot come home and go right to bed because I am wired from the caffene...

then there are the nights... I don't sleep well due to pressure points and wake quite often. I don't get "quality" sleep any night due to tossing and turning.

I find it difficult to distinguish the difference between the Fibro pain and the RA pain because I just hurt all over. It doesn't matter whether it is a joint or a muscle.

Hugs
    Angel
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm not stiff when I get up, I guess that is thanks to all the meds I take before bedtime that help me so much. But as time goes on after I have taken my normal meds, I end up having to take a Lortab, generally, at least within a few hours.

I can't say that I'm hurting any worse in the morning than in the evening when the pain pill wears off. It is more a winter thing for me anyway.

Hugs,
    Faye
  8. kbak

kbak Member

It seems like my worse pain starts in the middle of the nite and early morning. Once I get out of bed and get a long hot shower, I do better. I know it's lying down for me, that has always been my worst position. Having that pressure all over my body hurts.

K.
  9. gabdeb

gabdeb New Member

I wake up so stiff sore and in pain. I cant do much at all, most days nothing but sleep and read on here, until about 2 or 3 when my daughter gets home from school. then i can move better and have pain meds helping. I wish it was the other way around in some ways, but this way at least i can do homework and fix an easy dinner for her and enjoy our time better. It is strange some of us have it worse in am or pm. At first i wondered if fm was really what i had cause it seemed so many were worse at night, but now i know there are others like me. Bad either way. Thanks for the post.
    deb

after going back and reading the post above i wonder if it does have something with when we take,what meds we take? maybe ill try something different?!?! [This Message was Edited on 02/05/2006]