pain worse in bed?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clueless, Mar 19, 2003.

1. clueless

clueless New Member

Does anyone have worse pain in bed? Mine is so much worse!! If it was`nt for the klonopin I don`t believe I would sleep at all. I am up every 4 hrs. taking a lortab to get thru the nite. Hence ---not much sleep and not of the deep sleep we need so much.
  2. Echos

Echos New Member

Hello. The pain I feel is always more severe at night. I also take Klonopin and Temazepam. Without this, I wouldn't sleep at all because of the pain. I never get to the point of a deep sleep. It's been close to a year that I last remember a having a dream. It seems the more relaxed I get the worse the pain is. I wish you a good nights sleep without the pain.

Gentle Hugs,
    Echos
  3. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Yes, the pain is much worse at night, especially shortly after I get into bed. Just being prone starts a sensation that I visualize as the old connect the dots game we used to play as kids. Only now the dots are pain locations....bummer.

If it wasn't for pain patches & heating pads I would begin to stay away from the mattress entirely. I have tried the chair or couch some nights for a change of location, but it doesn't do much for the pain.

usually the Ambien is helpful & I get to sleep 20-30 minutes after taking it. Nights of pain mean that I don't sleep for hours afterward. usually I have 2-3 nights per week of nonsleep. More or less this is also the number of days I have sudden bowel syndrome. My health diary indicates no correlation betweent the 2. Oh well...

Peaceful thoughts & Best wishes to all.
  4. phenom

phenom New Member

my pain increases at night too. i'm not on any pain or sleep meds so i will spend about 4-6 hours tossing and turning (and spasming) until i fall asleep from pure exhaustion. and people wonder why i sleep in?!?

my doc will not give me any meds. i have an appointment tmw and i'm taking in an article that says no giving meds to someone with a disorder is neglect! lets see if she pays attention? will let you know how it goes.

phenom
  5. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

When I lay down on my bed, as soon as I start to relax...the pain starts up. It's as if the relaxation makes my muscle go 'oh, no you don't' & they TENSE up & KNOT & CRAMP... I also get spasms that just jump from muscle to muscle. Then there is the fun of sleep starts-where right when you start to drift off- JOLT! You jerk awake!

Have tried everything. Some things work for awhile but have not found anything that works for more than 6 wks. It is 4.18am & I have not been to bed yet. At least once I do fall asleep I stay asleep at least 4hrs before I start waking up off & on. Tried klonopin for the 1st time last night & slept 15hrs!!!! My poor kid thought I may be dead! Felt horribly tired all day after that so back to flexeril & neurontin tonight!
    Pixie
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Yes, I can certainly relate to the painful nights. Last night was the second of two really bad nights for me. I, too, have noticed that my pain is the worse when I am trying to sleep. Then in the morning when I have to get up for work, the pain has eased and I really feel I could get some sleep. Frustrating! Fortunately, not every night is like this (or I would go mad). I take melatonin and Elavil (10 mg.) which helps me get some sleep.

Ellen
  7. tes

tes New Member

as well. As soon as I lie down, it starts to get worse. I've been meaning to ask this question but never got around to doing it. Thanks clueless.lol. My lower rib pain acts up really bad at night. If it wasn't for amitriptyline, I don't think I would sleep much because of this pain. Take care. Tes

[ advertisement ]