Pain worse in Winter or Summer?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by silly_wabbit, Feb 6, 2006.

1. silly_wabbit

silly_wabbit New Member

I have read a lot of posts were summer seems to be the worse for FM sufferers. I am exact opposite. I cant wait for the heat! Not that I can be out in it all day long, but when the A/C is blowing full blast there is nothing that feels better to me than going out in the hot summer weather and getting my bones warm.

I also seem to suffer from depression worse in the winter, and my pain is definately worse with the constant changes in the weather.

Anyone else feel like this would love to hear from every1!!
  2. redchud

redchud New Member

I suffer terrible in the cold damp weather.
    I hate the pain, but try to live with it.
    Take Care

Red
  3. redchud

redchud New Member

I'm in Wales UK and it's always cold here.
    but has got colder and my bones ache right through
    the pain wakes me in the night.
    my pain level not good.
    I suffer depression all the time on meds for that.
    Nice talking to you
    Take Care

Red

Have to go to bed now

Night
    Night
  4. mamabear2157

mamabear2157 New Member

Living in Connecticut, there is a saying which goes for all of New England, "If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute!" This was very true today. Sunny, cloudy, a snow squall that left a dusting on the ground, back to sun then clouds. And oh yeah did I forget to mention the WIND??

Truthfully though, I can't say that either winter or summer is worse. I just ache all the time. The one thing I do know is that when a storm is coming in (of any type and any time of the year), the pain level just sky-rockets.

Great post.

Mary Ellen
  5. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

it doesn't really matter much. It's the change in pressure systems that causes me pain. I hate the cold, and love the feel of the sun on my old body. In the winter I've been known to plop myself down on the floor in front of my picture window just to soak up the sun.

Unfortunately, I'm on 2 different meds which cause sun sensitivity and can't be out in it too long in the summer.
  6. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

Silly_Wabbit......tricks are for kids! LOL

Quebec, Canada here....need I say more about our weather?
    It sucks, it's cold, it's windy, it's damp, it's snowy...did I mention it's cold? -18 on average for this time of yr.

ouch!!!! yes, weather is a factor for me. I am a summer person! Need the heat and the sun, in winter I go to the tanning salon. The dry heat is exactly what I need! Of course I do still flare in spring/summer/fall as well but not as bad or as frequent. Plus since in winter I can't breath the cold wind, it burns my lungs and causes chest pain and heart palps....not that I don't get heart palps on their own!!!! I get plenty of those...but that's another thread. LOL

Cold weather is my enemy for sure, I would need to live somewhere in the desert....like Arizona. I can dream, can't I?

Hope this was helpful,
    Hugs
    Sandy
  7. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

is the worst for me. I feel so much better in the summer. Sometimes air conditioners can bother me depends if it is blowing right on me. (Raynauds) But I just in general feel better in summer.
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

Winter just wrecks me!!
    I feel a major pain increase in the colder weather.

Sometimes in the winter months when I pick up my kids from school on a friday,..... I'll stay put/inside for the whole weekend! all I need is food,pain meds,and maybe a good movie or 2. :)

come on spring!
    I NEED you~

[This Message was Edited on 02/07/2006]
  9. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I can't wait for the heat of the sun, and I never used to be a sun worshiper. I think my mood is worse in the winter, perhaps SAD (seasonal affective disorder)?