Painful Achilles Tendons

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tevye, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Tevye

Tevye New Member

Does anyone else have a problem with pain and tightness in your Achilles tendons? What helps?
  2. gnanny

gnanny New Member

for many years....like 11 or 12. It would only go away with steroids. Sometimes were worse than others but it was never entirely gone.

Then I had a friend recommend cherry juice. I was skeptical. I had been through electrical treatments and prednisone etc how could something as simple as juice work.

Well just as she promised on the third day it was gone. The fire was out and stayed out.

I get the cherry juice concentrate from the health food store or online from Brownwood acres. Mix the syrup with water and drink, easy.

Tart cherry juice is 2 tablespoons a day and the dark cherry is 1/3 of a cup.

I havent had it reoccur in over 2 years. Inexpensive and no worry about drugs. Worth trying. Really puts out that FIRE.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/27/2007]
  3. Tevye

Tevye New Member

Hi Deb

It has been off and on for several years. Lately is a constant problem. Our house has three floors and it seems that whatever I need is on another floor. I am going to try to reorganize some things to reduce the stair climbing. I'm definately going to try the cherry juice. Heck, I'll try just about anything to make it better.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/27/2007]
  4. Tevye

Tevye New Member

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm on my way to find cherry juice!
  5. cbs1234

cbs1234 New Member

Have you ever taken levaquin, cipro, avelox, floxin or tequin? These drugs are notorious for causing achilles (and other tendon) problems including ruptures.
  6. debhun

debhun New Member

I seen this the other day but was having a bad day said I would write ys later. Yes I have trouble with my Achilles Tendons for a long time. I showed my Dr the knots I had and said it was hard for me to walk in the mornings. Well the 8th of Aug 2006 I was going to run across the road. It is a very busy road. Any way I stared to run I took 3 steps maybe and bam I was froze with pain that went though the roof. I couldn't move. Here I was in the middle of the road and couldn't move cars going by saying what is she doing. LOL I would have too. Will I said to my self what am I going to do? Well I got on my hands and knees and crawled back to my car. Got to the house crawled up my steps into my house and yelled for my son. He cam running out and all I could do is cry. So he called my mom. She came over and took me to the ER. Well I tore both Achilles Tendons. But the ER could only give me pain meds and send me to another Dr. Will he said he would like to see if they would heal on their own. After 5 months no better he had to do sugery. So that is where I am at today. I have the cast off after 6 weeks now I have about 3 weeks to go in the boot. Then they will do sugery on the other one in a few months. So leason learned don't run. I hope you will do better.