Painful collarbones/throat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by severina, Apr 19, 2007.

1. severina

severina New Member

Im suffering with this at the moment, well, for the past 3 weeks. Ive got very painful collar bones. This morning front of my throat, neck is a bit tight,sore and feels like its ready to spasm. Ive never had this to such bad extent as of now and its getting me down. It started with a bad cold/cough and its left me with this. Just wondering if anyone has this at the moment and if so what are you taking? Im on Lyrica 75mg anyway, but dont think its helping much.,I am always on edge and very anxious and really do think the two are related. I just wish I could relax. thanks.
  2. Engel

Engel New Member

I have FM and also have the tenderness in collar bone and tightness in neck. I take skelaxin (muscle relaxer).
  3. FoggyMama

FoggyMama New Member

Hi Severina -
    Yes, stress probably is related to the pain that you are having. FYI, read the Matthewson titled post about the lump in the throat - there is some good info there. Also, are you on an anti-anxiety med? Lorazepam seems to work pretty well for me. It is VERY important if you have fibro to avoid stress if possible. Of course, that's hard to do in today's world. I hope you feel better soon.
    Take Care and God Bless,
    Belinda
  4. severina

severina New Member

Thanks to you both! Yes Ive had Fibro for over 20 years and I guess I still havent got used to anything really..but Im trying!
    Im just on Lyrica at the moment, but will ask my doctor for a muscle relaxant when I see her in a weeks time.
  5. broadkill

broadkill New Member

among other things.Lorazepam works pretty well.I also take flexeril among other things.
    It's 'funny',you never know where it will hurt next.Thanks to this board I learned that a few other peoiple have experienced things I didn't know were fibro connected.
  6. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

We have lymph nodes along our collar bones and in our necks and under our jawbone on each side.

Andy