Painful Dreams

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greenbean7, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Last night I dreamed we had been in an accident and my left thumb and right leg were injured. It was really hurting and I woke up to find that I really was in pain in those two places.

(My dog was also injured in the dream, but I didn't ask him if he woke up thinking he had broken ribs!)

I sometimes dream I am trying to run up hill to where my late husband is and I hurt so bad and am so tired I can't get there. I always wake up with horrible leg pain and deep depression when that happens. Can't tell my DH about it because he doesn't understand about my LH.

Do you do that? Wake up with pain from dreams?

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Yes, the same happens to me. This ever-present pain often breaks through my sleep and into my dreamworld. I feel the pain while I'm sleeping and my subconscious builds a story around it. It's funny in a way, but sad. God bless, Anne Theresa
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

It is kind of funny! Especially how weird the dreams can be!

In this one my Mom was driving a pickup and pulling a travel trailer behind it. We have neither a pickup or a travel trailer!

She parked on a hill and the whole thing slid down and hit another car. My dog and I were no where near the car, but we got hurt anyway.

This dx does weird things to you, waking or sleeping!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  4. byathread

byathread New Member

every night a wake up feeling panicy and disoriented. I hurt all over too, like I've been thru a marathon. sometimes have same dream(bad)about issues in PAST. others are just strange and fuzzy in my head. I never sleep more then 2-3 hrs.I'm not sure if the dreams are waking me or its just this depression that is seeming to get worse. panic attacks are starting to happen durring the day now, had one in the store the other day. scarey experence.
    sorry to hear anyone else has this problem at all. sometimes I wake up in the morning and I just seem to start crying I dont know or understand. I am in physical pain bad due to illness but its not just that its like I wake up and just dont know how I'm going to get thru the day, face the kids w/ smile. put on my act so as not to worry everyone. I am realy feeling lost and alone. anyone else?
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I am fortunate not to have pain. If I am cold or need to use the bathroom, I dream about being cold or needing to use the bathroom.

byathread - I used to have unpleasant dreams and nightmares that left me headachy and exhausted in the morning. I have found Xanax to tone down the dreams. It will help with panic attacks as well.
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

Once I woke up to crying and all......I was dreaming that a
    Gargoyle was gnawling on my ankle and it would stop and give it quick bites, the teeth was sharp and painful....

It was that my ankle was doing this (pains) and my mind had somehow turned this into a dream.

I do get pains like this now and then while sleeping...
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

we are doing things that we do not realize in our sleep...

jodie
  8. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Not really having pain dreams.But boy have I started talking in my sleep.I wake myself up talking,having coversations in my dreams and saying them out loud,(hubbie has told me).
    Or if I am opening a door or turning the doorknob,I wake myself up doing it.If its the DD,its a weird side to it!!
  9. scrap4fun

scrap4fun New Member

I am so glad to hear someone else "dreams" about the pain like that. I thought it was just me. It happens to me all the time. I am sorry to hear that someone else has to experience that pain though. BIG Bummer huh?!

The pain dreams were one of the things my attorney suggested I tell the judge at my disability hearing. The judge was very interested in my sleep habits. (Which at poor at best) I won the case but have yet to receive any $$$$

:)

{{{Hugs}}}
    Co