Painful feet/ Stiffness anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Now my dr. says its probably arthritis. My feet are so stiff esp. in the morning. My big toes are killing me. I mentioned gout, but she said no. anyone have painful stiff feet?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Oh my yes! especially the last few years. I actually went into the clinic because of my ankle. Couldn't figure out how I could of sprained it.

Then realized I was hyper extending it,especially at night. I have muscle spasms and freezing and have noticed I am flexing my foot all the time. clench my teeth to the point of cracking them.

so far not such has worked muscle relaxer wise.

have you noticed if you clench unclench your feet?
  3. znewby

znewby Member

My mom has Osteoarthritis and sore big toes and stiff painful feet and she finds CorvalenM (M at end means magnesium and malic acid are in it as well) makes a difference. In particular her toes hurt less. She tried not taking a few times and noticed a difference.
  4. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

I used to wake up with muscle spasms in my legs all the if I was standing on my tip toes during my sleep !!!!!!
    My hands also used to be like claws when I woke up.

So I know that if I feel myself stretching my feet...... I turn my toes up towards me instead of stretching stops the painful leg cramps.

I also cracked my teeth because of tension and had to get a mouth guard made from my dentist.

It has eased off over the years but I still have to "Stay on my toes " to keep it in check !!

5. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i can hardly stand on my feet much less walk, i waddle like a duck first 20 mins or so in the morning, then thier a lot better, but if i stay off of them a lot during the day then they hurt all over again. there was a post about this a few weeks ago, it seems to be pretty common.
  6. lynncats

lynncats New Member

my feel like they are going to just break, especially when first out of bed, or even after sitting for awile and getting up to walk. The hubby said you look like an "older lady", I'm only 46. My response is always "that's how I feel too". Don't get me wrong, he is absolutely truthful, and it actually (believe it or not) sorta gets a smile out of both of us. And guess what, my hub has/gets gout, trust me I know it is very painful. Good thing about us is I'll mess with him, and he messes with me, WITH LOVE....married 24 years. Life sometimes has mysterious ways. Good luck with the feet.

7. My rheum. said fibro can even affect the feet. OMG does it ever end! I have trouble worse in the morning, it came on so fast, stiff I walk like a mummy in the morning. My birkenstock sandals help as they are real stiff and flat. thanks for the replies.
  8. moi482001

moi482001 Member

but all my toes hurt to the point of saying I'm going to take a hammer to them. The sides of my feet are very sore. I have tried several shoes and these pricey things ordered by my podi. dr. and nothing works. Had every test and finally told by the dr. that Fibro is very painful.

A suggestion about CorvalenM was made and I will try it.
  9. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

always have some type of pain. On a good day or time it is a numbness or tingling but when I have been standing or walking alot my feet feel like they are on fire!