Painful hands and feet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hartogold, Oct 19, 2005.

1. hartogold

hartogold New Member

Although I have pain throughout my body trigger points and all, I have extreme pain in my hands and feet. It tends to start setting in really bad in the evening and I usually wake up in the morning crying and moaning from the pain in my hands. It takes hours for me to get relief and it's never total.

I exercise them, stretch them, soak them, etc. It's very frustrating because I can't even massage alagesic cream on my own body...my hands hurt too bad.

Anyone else have this problem? Thanks!
    Sandy
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Sandy:

Yes, I've had pain in my hands and feet, especially my hands. However, it hasn't been as bad since my doctor put me on 20mg. of morphine.

Ellen
  3. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

I have had this problem--hands and feet--in the finger joints, but more than that in the main part of the hand and foot before the fingers begin--if that makes sense. I think it is trigger points causing muscles to pull on joints. My doctor confirmed this theory. I was so afraid it was arthritis. My doc said if the trigger points aren't taken care of and the pulling muscles relieved, it could turn into arthritis--which i think i have some level of at this time. If it is trigger points, you might be able to determine this. Squeeze the web deep between the thumb and first finger. If there is a hard knot in there that hurts like the devil, this is likely a trigger point. Also, on the back of the hand, maybe 1/2 to 1 inch below the knuckle, between the bones which go to each finger (hope you can follow this), dig in with a finger tip, or the eraser. Again, if you have a painful knot there, it is likely a trigger point.

If you find trigger points, you may be able to relieve some of the pain by working the trigger points out, by rubbing them intensely for a short time several times per day. It HURTS but helps relieve the pain and pulling. Try to do it with a pencil or other object, so you don't create trigger points in the hand doing the work.

My trigger points have been much relieved by receiving glutathione and magnesium IV's. Blessed relief. I hope you are able to find an answer. Jen
  4. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Ever try P-K-5? It helps me to some degree but nothing releives it completely. Mine is most severe in the mornings and evenings and the Ultram also works for awhile.
    Love, Debbie
  5. Momma25gr8kids

Momma25gr8kids New Member

Wax spa treatments are a godsend. IT FEELS WONDERFUL!
  6. 1horse

1horse New Member

not only do I have pain in hands and feet,but swelling in the hands and itching.(Clear to the bone) its awful
  7. meinpain

meinpain New Member

Yes I have extremely painful hands and feet. I won't even shake hands with people because of it. And, like you, I can't massage either hand, because of the soreness in the hand trying to do the massage. Guess we're up the river without a paddle on that one, huh? I wake up every morning not being able to move my fingers or grip anything.
  8. enigma4444

enigma4444 New Member

My hands ache all the time. Also, my lower legs and feet. But especially my hands! I know it's not a "Trigger Point" but man it hurts. I'm glad I'm not the only one!
    HELP. How can I get the pain meds I need? Can anyone tell me a safe online pharmancy?The doctor does not give me nearly enough Vicodin to deal with this. I need to find another source. ANYONE?