Painful hips and legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by iggie, Aug 25, 2003.

1. iggie

iggie New Member

I have such painful hips and legs (spasm like pain) I have been diag.with fibromyalgia since 97 stemed from an injury to the neck chest and shoulders. These areas are undercontrol for now due to a wonderful chiropractor. i get some relief with the adjustments and gentle stretching to the hips and lower back I can also get some relief with short walks.Any relief seems to be very short lived. Q. why causes the pain to be so intense you almost think it must be something very serious or life threating to suffer like this. Am i losing it.
    iggie
  2. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Hi Iggi -- I know the feeling!! When my hips and legs are hurting like that I lay on my back and try to do very gentle stretching... I even rub my own legs and pull my knees to my chest.... as best I can. Then rest, rest, rest if you can. I have days where it is very difficult to walk... even considered getting a handicapped parking sticker...... BUT I REFUSE TO GIVE INTO THAT! I don't want to think of myself as handicap..... I just do the best I can and try to limit myself on days where I hurting that bad... if others around me do not understand... OH WELL... that is their problem to deal with. I just have to do what is necessary to take care of me. Soft hugs and hang in there!! CarolK
  3. CarolK

CarolK New Member

I forgot to say that there are times when I was scared that I had MS!! I think many of us here have thought that when they are in a real bad flair!! Take heart.... just try to treat yourself extra special when you are hurting like this.... remember... one day at a time, one moment at a time.... that's how we get through this. Plus for me, I always have my faith in God that sustains me... HE never leaves me and I can always trust Him to see me through. I will pray for you!! Blessings... CarolK
  4. shell

shell New Member

I have had this for a year and I still think I'm dying.
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I also suffer bad leg pains and one hip is so sore all the time!! I'm just happy to see others that think its gotta be something else because it hurts so much!! My mind travels to far and distant lands,thinking the worse sometimes~ But this pain is terrible at times!! Hurts to climb stairs,bend down to pick up things,etc. So far only warm baths and advil have helped....just slightly.
    Take care :)