Painful Joint Question . . .

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerriM, Feb 19, 2003.

1. TerriM

TerriM New Member

Since I became ill with CFS I have had sore joints from time to time, but in the past few days the pain has gotten terrible. I can't sleep, it hurts to lay down & my joints are popping & cracking everytime I move. I had this happen once last summer when I also was running a fever & think I had some type of virus . . . does this happen to anyone else? Sometimes I wonder if I'm coming down with FM, but the joints aren't actually where the pain is with FM correct? This morning my whole body hurt . . . joints & lymph nodes in a big way. Does anyone know why when the joints get painful they crack really loud? Could it be lactic acid buildup?? Thanks! Terri
  2. bluebirder

bluebirder New Member

Yep that's me. But then I just got diagnosed and the cracking, locking joints have been there since I can remember - way back in childhood. Mom always knew I was sneaking through because my ankles sounded like twigs snapping! Now my neck does it when I bend it to the side!

Just rename us "snap, crackle, Pop" and pour me a glass of milk ok?
  3. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi Terri~~Have you been tested for the various types of arthritis? Besides FM/CFS, I have osteo/psoriatic/rheumatoid arthritis, IBS, severe asthma/allergies, and degenerative disc disease (ddd) with multiple back problems and nerve damage.

I found out my joint pain and crackling was from the arthritis. Though I am on narcotic pain management for the ddd, it did not help with the joint pain--inflamation. They gave me naprosen which ate my stomach up; vioxx which caused stomach bleeding; then celebrex which did nothing, and then Bextra which has solved the problem.

If you are experiencing real joint pain--then it might be some type of inflamation. Ask your physician for some x-rays and tests for various types of arthritis. They found my osteoarthritis by x-rays; the psoriatic through psoriasis, and the rheumatoid through a blood test.

Hope you feel better soon. Carol...

[This Message was Edited on 02/19/2003]