Painful lymph nodes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Traymond, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Traymond

Traymond New Member

Fibro, Painful nodes armpits neck Normal CBC 01/01/07 05:33 PM

I have posted before about lymph nodes. If you have swollen lymph nodes would a CBC come back completely normal. I have had pain in my armpits for 2 years and in my neck. My doctor says he can't feel them. I just had a chest xray and CBC and they came back normal. I am thinking maybe Fibro. I have pain in my shoulders both sides of the neck, just above the elbow, thigh, buttocks, knee, etc.. My real question is if I had swollen lymph nodes would a CBC come back normal or would it show some type of elevated counts. Thank you.

2. ILM

ILM New Member

i've have a cbc come back normal and my glands have been swollen for nearly a year.
    some days they are extremely sore and painful.

Some days you can see them bulging out of my neck, some days not so bad.

My old dr could feel them but didn't know what to do, he suggested I could try ABX if I wanted to.
    I found a new dr.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

traymond:

It is so familiar to have lymph node problems for various conditons.

It is my belief, though IMHO, a biopsy of a lymph node can tell more than a common blood test.

nyrofan
  4. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

For about five years off and on. I had a Doc after the third year tell me it was CFS. Nothing much more he could do. Those lymph nodes really freak me out. I have also posted about them many times. I have Kaiser and the doctors there will not do any extra test to ease my mind!!!

Melinda
  5. dononagin

dononagin New Member

one of my first symptoms was my lymph nodes swelling. Mostly on my neck, sometimes even in the groin area.. My tests came back normal.

I still get them from time to time. Especially when I'm run down. I have ME(CFS) and Fibro. This is actually a CFS symptom but most of us overlap.

The only thing I have found that helps is rest as they get worse when I'm run down-

Take care-
    Dona