Painful muscles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dleaning, May 3, 2006.

1. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to this website....I too was just diagnosed with fibro about 2 months ago. I was encouraged to exercise but I find that it is sooo painful afterwards that I have not done any since. Also, I also have a multinodular goiter in my thyroid which they will do nothing about. Could this muscle thing be one of the symptoms of painful muscles? Forgive me for rambling! Another question I have is, does anyone out there have a problem with their memory?

Thanks!
  2. gladone

gladone New Member

Hi dleaing,

I too was just told I have cfs and fm (last week). I have known for some time that all was not right but it took 5yrs. for an actual diagnoses. I also suffer from muscle pain after exersice. Even though cfs & fm are new terms to me I have been living with this for a while. I have been forcing myself to exersice under the " just do it" mantra for years. I walk daily and lift weights twice a week. I find that stretching is very helpful at my worst of times. I think that you will have to find your own balance of knowing when to push yourself and when to just be.

Hope to talk to you again,
    Gladone
  3. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Thank you so much for your support and help!! I really appreciate it. Its nice to know that I am not alone!

Dawn
  4. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

Gentle Yoga or aquatic exercise is good. In the water, you don't feel the resistance, but are getting it.

I think everyone here has memory problems. Many take supplements to help with it, but I can't remember which ones LOL
  5. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

DD to get here. If you can find water, go to it!! I go to my local YMCA for a reduced rate and it has a great,huge, whirlpool too. I take water arobics. Started with the arthritis water class and moved up after several mths.

It makes me feel wonderful to be in the water. I do not have pain as long as my body is in the water. Most weeks its the only time I am pain free. Now, the next day is rough. I havent figured out if it is because of using the muscles to excerise or its just the FM.

Suzette
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

we call that fibro fog and yes I think most everyone gets this in different degrees.That was how mine started I lost my memory one day leaveing work and was lost for several hours.Very scary , I could not figure out where I was although it was a street Id been on a hundred time before.Then when I found my way back home it took several months for me liveing in this fog.I am doing much better now it seems to have pass for now.I do have problems remembering people.
    I just live with alot of pain.
  7. skinnymini

skinnymini New Member

you both start taking magnesium (1200mg), MSM and flaxseed oil supplements. Vitamins C and E and B-complex are also very important as they are anti-oxidants!!! But since taking mega doses of flaxseed and MSM as well as a probiotic, my muscle pain has been significantly reduced.

I take 4 capsules of MSM and flaxseed 3 times per day (Yes, that's 12 capsules per day!!!) with the last dose just before bed. I hope you try this as it has helped me tremendously!! The MSM and flaxseed also help with sleep issues.....

I read somewhere that MSM makes your body more alkaline and this helps the muscles relax and therefore aids with the sleep issue...and it appears to be true... atleast for me it is.
  8. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

make sure you take some potassium too. Magnesium reduces the amount of potassium your body absorbs. (Sorry...fibrofog makes me forget words so I don't know if what I just said makes sense. LOL) You can get enough just by eating a banana a day.

God Bless.