Painful ribs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I wonder will this pain ever go away.It is constant.My whole rib cage.Front, sides and back.I just stopped taking my pain meds. when I realized they weren't even helping with the pain.Dr. said I only needed to take them if I was in alot of pain.SO I stopped taking them like I was.Pain is the same with or without meds.All this time I thought the pain meds. were keeping the pain at bay but it seems to me now it was doing nothing.Now I have kinda gotten use to the pain sad to say.Has anyone ever had a dr. explain the rib pain to them.I am gonna call rd tom. and asked a couple of questions I forgot to ask last week.First about the cold chills,fatigue and pain cycle and the constant rib pain.
  2. suzybee

suzybee New Member

Hi Sheila so sorry to hear that you are suffering with the rib pain. I am from the UK and have a lady in a circle of friends that I started for FMS sufferers on the Ediet site there that has the same problems as you. I had not heard of rib pain when she said it so I was interested to read about your problem too. I know that she suffers something chronic with it and cannot sleep in a bed at all as it puts too much pressure on her ribs so sleeps upright in a chair all the time that it is at its worst. I know that she too has said that the painkillers do not help a lot and she has to go onto Morphine based drugs to get some sort of mild releif but of course then she is dopey with it. I do hope that you find something that helps you real soon.
  3. 15FIBRO

15FIBRO New Member

HI SHELIA,
    I AM NEW TO THIS SITE I HAVE HAD FIBROMYALGIA FOR 15 YEARS I HAVE MUSLES TO TIGHT THEY PUSH MY RIBS OUT OF PLACE. I GO TO A MESSAGE THERAPIST 2 TIMES A WEEK I DON'T TAKE ANY PAIN MEDICINE LIKE YOU I FOUND IT DOES NOT STOP THE PAIN. I ONLY TAKE MUSCLE RELAXERS AND I HAVE TO HAVE THEM. IF YOU FIND OUT ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE SHARE WITH US .