Painful, swollen glands...what could be the cause?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Jan 17, 2007.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Hey everyone. I haven't posted in a while, however, I need some advice. I've been doing quite well with my CFIDS for a while. The low-grade fevers have virtually disappeared, the fatigue has been managable (for the most part), and I've been feeling better all-around. That is until last week.

Last wednesday I developed a fever of 100.5 along with excrutiating back pain. I had no other symptoms, however, the pain was so bad that my supervisor sent me to the ER (I work in the hospital). They found no cause for my fever or back pain, but they did find I had a UTI. I was treated for the UTI, even though I displayed absolutely no symptoms of it. I should also mention that the ER doc did was pretty sure the UTI and back pain/fever were unrelated. Anyway, I was okay after that, just a little more tired than usual. Well, today I woke up with two swollen glands on the back of my neck (near the base of my skull). They're very painful to touch, and it hurts to tilt my head forward or back. I don't have any other symptoms besides that. I tried researching what could cause swollen glands, but I only found info on swollen glands in general. It's most likely caused by an infection, which I understand. I guess I'm just concerned because normally when I get sick, the glands on the front of my neck swell up, not the back ones.

My question is, does anyone know what could cause the lymph nodes on the back of your neck to swell? Perhaps I'm entering a relaspse of the CFIDS, but gosh I hope not. I was doing so well, and I don't want to start with this again. I wonder if the fever, backache, and swollen lymph nodes are somehow related. And if not caused by the CFIDS, what else could be causing it? I have not had a fever since last wednesday, though.

Thanks in advance,
    Kim
  2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi Kim,

You poor love, sounds like an infection for which I have a suggestion... Olive Leaf Extract.

One of the best natural antibiotics that`ll kill off anything viral, bacterial, fungal or parasitical WITHOUT harming the good gut flora...

OLE has always worked wonders for all my family and friends! Look it up on the net!

Hope you feel better soon,

Pat.

PS Just looked at your bio and see you have Fibro`. I know taking Magnesium Citrate has been of benefit for many with this.[This Message was Edited on 01/17/2007]
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

My co-worker spent 2 days in the hospital and they finally hit on Epstein-Barr in an acute active phase. Mild fever, swollen lymph glands and incredible fatigue.

I have it in a Chronic state. When I take Transfer Factors, I get the swollen lymph nodes and worse fatigue. I sweat something fierce around the neck, thats where lots of lymph nodes are.
  4. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

bumping for more answers