painful wrists anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by benton, Jun 12, 2003.

1. benton

benton New Member

Hi

Yet again, another symptom thats confusing me. (Not difficult for foghead). LOL
    Lately, ive had very stiff wrists, i want to keep bending them all the time. They actually woke me up last night for the first time. They felt so tight and uncomfortable. When i touched them, the skin was really hot on them both. Would you call that inflammation?

I mentioned it to my doctor when i went last. He said my blood test result didnt show any sort of inflammatory disease such as arthritis etc and that the only thing that stood out was a high white blood cell count. He said that was nothing to worry about. Whats going on? So, is there inflammation with fibro or isnt there?? Hmm

Benton
    (Mandy)
    xx
    [This Message was Edited on 06/12/2003]
  2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

many of us have high white counts. seems as if our bodies and blood are working overtime to fight things off.
    in general, those with fms do not have inflamation. I happen to be one with a high sed rate meaning inflamation. and anti-inflamatorys do help except I can not tolerate them.
    I do not know how new you are to this dd but you will find many parts of your body will hurt, comes and goes. the wrist thing is not unusual. just another symptom. You might try some ben-gay,heat or ice. Many of us can answer your questions as we have been there and had that, if you know what I mean.
    I save try to save the resident doctors (Madwolf, sujay, ac77) for rare occassions when a layperson cannot help me. Just as a curtosy to them. They are great for test results and medicine questions. Very wonderful people we have on theis board. Good luck and hang in there.
    Judy
  3. benton

benton New Member

Judy

Ok, i hear you. I am in my first flare and finding myself screaming for advice regularly. Sorry..

I will change the title so as not to overload madwolf etc.

Benton
    (Mandy)
    xx
  4. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

I also use cockup wrist splints. My doctor prescribed them but, I bought them at walgreens for about $20.00 each instead of having them custom made at a medical store. At first I wore them all day and even slept in them. They worked wonders but, they increased the "burning" pain the first few days. Now I wear them an hour or two a day and am doing much better. I hope this helps you.

Lisa
  5. reva727

reva727 New Member

I've been having problems with my wrists and hands for months. I've even wondered if I'm getting carpel tunnel syndrom. It's mostly my hands though. This morning when I woke up I couldn't even make a fist with my left hand.
  6. littlerose

littlerose New Member

Hi to all! I am new to the Message Board, as I was reading through some of the posted messages, I came to Benton's painful wrist anyone? Answer, Y-E-S, yes, yes!!!! I have had both CFIDS/FM for 9 yrs. now, & my wrist & finger's & inside my palm's hurt like the dickens!!!! In the passed I would go to sleep rubbing my wrist & hands, still do at times & during the day if I am sitting at church, counceling or etc. they hurt a-l-l the time. My Dr. put me on Naproxen 500MG morning & night. It has helped somewhat, & anything, I think is better than nothing!! I can go to sleep now some nights without rubbing my hands so much, I just want to cry @ times!! Dr. said, There was no swelling of the hands, but nearly everyone has arithistis of some kind & some kinds doesn't show up in test. Rather this is true or not,I don't know, but I do know the Naproxen has really helped!!
    Have a peaceful & restful, rest of the day!!
    littlerose
    [This Message was Edited on 06/12/2003]
  7. mycatprint

mycatprint New Member

Pain in my wrists was among my first symptoms. I wear the kind of wrist splints that have a piece of aluminum form fitted to the under side of my wrist and hand. They hook up with velcro and are super comfortable. I must wear them when I am sleeping or my hands and arms ache all the next day.
  8. mightymouth

mightymouth New Member

i have had this come and go over the years. sometime wrist or arm right above wrist. at first i thought it was ct but i read if pinky was numb which mine was at the time it couldn't be ct. anyway last week i felt a horrible pain in my arm like i broke it. this lasted only seconds but would come and go throughout the day. all better now.