Pains like I have? anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cathyanne, Sep 28, 2008.

1. cathyanne

cathyanne New Member

Please tell me if you have anything like this as far as pain and symptoms. I feel so alone and scared. My jaw and neck get so tight that I sometimes feel like my blood pressure is shooting up. I have a burning sensation in my right side that goes from back to front in the entire area from below breast down to bottom of rib cage. Like a big rectangle. I've had ultra sound of the liver, gall bladder, urinary bladder and kidneys. Nothing shows as abnormal. My potassium is low. I get constipated and then my bladder goes out of whack. but the pain in the ribcage area, back and front is my major concern...what can that be???? Thanks if you can help me.
  2. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

Do you have fibro? That would explain the burning pain in the rib cage. A lot of fibro people, including me, have pain in the rib cage. Many people have costochondritis, which is an inflammation of the rib cage. I too have a burning pain, both throughout my rib cage, and in my back. You need a doc who specializes in Fibro.

Jaw pain is also very typical for fibro, and if you have TMS (temporalmandibularjaw syndrome), that can cause pain that can radiate into your neck. You might need a mouth brace for the TMJ.
  3. star273

star273 New Member

I am so sorry that you are so scared about this. I too was scared just like you a couple of months ago, until I had ultrasounds, blood work and other tests to make sure there wasnt anything. Sure enough everything turned up positive. I was happy for that, but my Dr. said this is just another wonderful thing from Fibro. It hurts so bad sometimes, I dont know what to do. I have IBS too so I know when I eat to much or I eat something that I know I shouldnt, it hurts worse then normal. There is really nothing to do for the pain. Sometimes I rub aspercream on it or put heat on it. Stretching helps too. Yoga is the best for this pain. Hang in there and know that you are not alone in this. This board has put me at ease many times.
    Also, my neck and jaw get real tight. When I feel it, I try and do some yoga and relax or take a xanax. That really is the thing that helps. Xanax helps so much with pain and tense muscles. Good luck to you. Hope you get to feeling better.